PDA

View Full Version : Am I Giving Myself False Hope?

klr
12-04-10, 16:19
Hi:) Four years ago i started on Citalopram due to anx/dep.No side effects first time round,managed to wean myself down to one 10ml tab a week for past couple of years.....then felt ma dep commin back so upped ma dose to 10ml a day.....well the sheer panic and terror that i went through that month was unbelievable,stuck with it for a month coz i was told they were just side effects and would go-they didnt just got worse.Came down to one every other day and came off three months ago.Read up on internet about possible explainations about what had happened to me and why the tabs hadent worked the second time round-found out i had an adverse reaction.......the doc put me on mirtazapine three weeks ago and havent had any side effects off it,it dosent even make me sleep-have mad dreams though.The question is why do you think i am not avin side effects when i have had such advers effects off citalopram?Also has any1 else got a similar story to mine and ended up with a sucsess story at the end?????????thnx:shrug:

gypsywomen
12-04-10, 16:55
its a drug i know little about ,but isnt it great your not having any side affects ,,dont worry ,everyone has different reaction to drugs x

NoPoet
12-04-10, 17:06
Hi, I don't believe there is such a thing as "false" hope.

Sounds like your body is tolerating the new medication more easily than citalopram. Nothing unusual about this, each medication is slightly different, so rather than worrying about it, thank God that you haven't had any negative effects :)

JT69
12-04-10, 17:10
Hi Kerry,

What dose of mirtazipine are you on? I was like you, took citalopram for around 9 years on and off and it was sucessfull but this last episode of depression/anxiety I have had even though my gp upped my dose to 40mg it was not successful for me and he changed me to mirtazipine....started on 15mg for around 4 weeks and then have been on 30mg for almost 6 weeks now. I had started to feel much better but am having a few bad days at the moment so am hoping that will settle down soon. I sleep much better on the mirtazipine and can relate to the mad dreams as i had them too. Three weeks is not long on the meds, so I think you need to give it longer to feel the real benefit but how are you feeling? Have the meds made any difference to you? I hope so. Let me know how you are getting on.

Take care
Jo.xx

klr
12-04-10, 22:49
Yes thnx for the replys guys,im on 15ml for three weeks-ive been feeling really well almost too high which is why im suspisious really.:wacko:

JT69
13-04-10, 08:07
Hi Kerry,

Dont be....just be grateful....you are one of the lucky ones. So glad you are feeling good. Take care and may it continue for you. Jo.xx