PDA

View Full Version : DELETED!!! I am so sorry!

Onwards & Upwards
12-04-10, 16:19
It's the fact in the Cancer Research adverts on telly, they're always on bloody telly and it alarms me everytime! I was looking for reassurance, that's all! Can't believe people haven't seen the ads! I have and I hardly watch t.v.

The ad might actually say "affected by" that might not mean develop, as I wrote.

The health anxiety thread was the right place to put it as it was about health and something that makes me anxious, but I do realise it would worry people, my apologies.

I guess my anxiety about it doesn't matter though and I'll just have to keep quiet about it!? :shrug:

Maj
12-04-10, 16:25
You wouldn't have tried to worry anyone intentionally so don't feel bad.
Myra x

gypsywomen
12-04-10, 16:50
dont feel bad ,we all come o here to have our say ,about whats worrying us ,, yours is cancer ,like a lot of people on here ,, its one thing that bothers everyone at somepoint ,or we wouldnt be human ,, look after yourself and chat anytime x

NeverRelaxed
12-04-10, 17:23
yeah, i thought it was "affected" by too...

Onwards & Upwards
12-04-10, 17:58
Thanks everybody! I'm reassured, sorry again if I alarmed anyone with my original post, rest assured that I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG in my understanding of the advert.

Amiee: Big thanks to you for actually putting things in perspective, Sweetie! I feel much happier about it now! x

Primula
12-04-10, 20:01
I know that advert alarms me every time I see it, and makes me feel as if me or my loved ones are bound to get "it", if it's one in three. But I suppose that's how they present the figures to get peoples attention, even though if you look into the statistics it's not strictly true, so don't worry it's not you it's the stupid alarmist advert.:)