PDA

View Full Version : seperation disorder

francis
12-04-10, 19:06
Hi my name is Francis and this is all new to me,I have only recently delved into the world of computers.
I lost my wife of 38 years 18 months ago and have started a relationship with a lady friend only to discover that when we are apart I get into a real blue funk and if I don't get at least a text in the morning feelings of intense panic rise up in me.
Never had anything like this before even though my late wife and I were extremly close.Thing was though just before I lost her I had to go away for a week for work and on my return I only had one day with the wife I new and loved.Got to stop

diane07
12-04-10, 19:07
Hi francis

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maj
12-04-10, 19:52
Hello Francis,
Welcome to nmp.
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, 38 years is such a long time. I think you will still be grieving for her and it's no wonder you feel like you do. I don't think there's any mystery about how you feel. You have suffered such a huge loss and your fears are all part of this. I'd say it's very normal under the circumstances. You'll get lots of support and comfort from this site and will come to know that you are not alone with your anxiety and fears.
Myra x:hugs:

Veronica H
12-04-10, 20:40
:welcome:Francis. As Myra points out this is part and parcel of the grieving process and understandable so don't fear it. I am sure your new friend will understand given what you have been through. You will find good information,comfort and support here.:bighug1:

Veronicax