PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex questions

Neuro
12-04-10, 19:12
I just started on cipralex and I wanted to know where I stand.....
1) Can I drink alcohol with it?
2) Will it help with my irrational beliefs at all?
3) How soon did people's symptoms get alleviated and did it help with the irrational thoughts?
4) Can you take microgynon with it?

Neuro
16-04-10, 15:13
Really need these questions answering.

Micko
04-08-10, 17:29
Don't think it interacts with alcohol too much!

MarlaJ
06-08-10, 02:02
Hi Neuro,

I'm not sure about the alcohol. I was always to scared to drink while taking the meds. I know there are lots of people who say that it didn't effect them. If you are going to drink, might be wise to just try a couple of drinks to see how it effects you? Don't know what microgynon is, maybe try phoning a pharmacist and asking their advice?

YES, it will certainly help with irrational thoughts. How long this will take, and how long symptoms, side effects last seems to be a very personal thing. Everyone's body seems to react at their own pace. I have a few posts out there regarding my journey if that helps, but I am currently on day 4 of full dose after 9 days at 5 mg. I am starting to notice that the side effects are manageable and getting better, as is the anxiety and constant chatter in my head.

Try to read the Citalopram survival guide. Cipralex is the same drug, just worked out in different way so that you only need to take half as much. Also try to find the post "My diary of "the Meds" I found that one very reassuring as well. Good luck!
Marla