PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Sad - Hugs Please

shyoldguy
12-04-10, 20:48
I turned 40 a few weeks ago. It's really hit home. I feel sad I have n't achieved anything in my life. I wish I had had someone to encourage and inspire me as a kid.

Most of all I feel sad I've never had a girlfriend (and due to all my anxieties not likely to in the foreseeable future). I was so messed up at school so I missed out on the whole first love thing. I saw one girl on Facebook who I liked at school but never managed to talk to and she's now married with kids.

(You may have seen I've posted something similar on another forum. I just need a lot of support right now)

lior
12-04-10, 20:52
You're never too old for your first love - there's no age limit! Try online dating, okcupid is the best free one I've come across. :hugs:

Onwards & Upwards
12-04-10, 21:15
Firstly, you're ONLY 40! I too have got fed up in the past when Facebook "spying" on people I once knew, seeing them having fun, having gone travelling etc. I'm over that now though, I kinda think that before Facebook existed, we wouldn't have had a clue what people had been up to and we would just be getting on with our own lives, so I don;t look at people on there any more. It's definitely not a good idea to do it when you're feeling down in the dumps.

Ronny
13-04-10, 07:09
Howdy...I don't call 40 old I am 55 but really going on 35 ...lol The right girl will come along when you least expect it.so don't be sad I know lots of dirty jokes that would make you smile,Oh I am a woman tho,my hubby reckon's I swear like a fish wife,the mongrel,anyway keep your chin up mate it will happen:yesyes:
Rhonda:wacko:

Veronica H
13-04-10, 08:54
:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug1::bighug1: You sound like a really nice guy and at 40 there is still plenty of time to find love so don't be so down on yourself. Try not to dwell on the past and stay in the moment. I think internet dating could be the answer too, but follow all of safeguards as people are not always what they claim to be, and take your time getting to know people.

Veronicax

shyoldguy
16-04-10, 21:52
Thank you for all your hugs. They mean a lot to me right now.

I think it will take a long time for me to be in a position to start dating, though. I've got a lot of problems to face first. It's an uphill struggle. I hope the support I get here will help me.

:bighug1:

alone
21-10-11, 10:47
i hear what ure saying... my past certainly had an effect on me, but stay strong and first learn to love yourself .you seem a very nice guy by the way.

Vanilla Sky
21-10-11, 11:57
Life begins at 40 ...... Plenty time :)

suzy-sue
21-10-11, 12:06
This thread is old (last years ) :D