PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

andy777
13-04-10, 16:52
HI Guys

I've recently experienced a number of anxiety attacks seemingly from nowhere.

I've now been diagnosed with mild depression and OCD.

My biggest problem is that they only seem to occur when I'm at home.
SO it feels like there's no getting away from my problem as I work from home.

I really began to realise that there was something wrong when I started to convince myself that my neighbours were deliberately trying to annoy me personally. Both sides are rather noisy but this is mainly due to the walls being a bit thin. But I found myself constantly listening out for noise from them and get upset if I could hear them, even if their noise was quieter than say my own TV or my music.

I feel on edge all the time, but the degree varies from hour to hour.

The problem got so bad that ended up at my local A+E because I simply couldn't go home! the whole idea brought on a panic attack.

I'm now taking Diazepam and waiting to see my GP.

I feel worst in the mornings only feeling a little better by mid afternoon, evening are not too bad, but I dread going to bed knowing that I'll have to start all over again in the morning...

A777

nomorepanic
13-04-10, 16:57
Hi andy777

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

C xx
13-04-10, 17:38
Hi there,
Yep know that feeling well! x

Vanilla Sky
13-04-10, 20:21
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Maj
13-04-10, 21:04
Hello A777,
What a shame that you are feeling so low. I think it will be good for you to see your doctor and you can get more help. I can understand what you mean about your neighbours because when we feel low then everything is magnified. Don't despair though because you can get helped through this. Probably at home you are more aware of how your feelings are. Being out and about it lifts your mind. You can get through this though with the right help. You are not alone.
Myra x:hugs:

KK77
13-04-10, 21:08
Want to welcome you to the forum, A777.

You'll get lots of help and support here and hope you find comfort in the fact that you're not alone in how you feel.

Take care

andy777
14-04-10, 00:48
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
My docs appointment is tomorrow not sure how I feel about it...

Andy

chrislot
14-04-10, 01:26
If you are very noise sensitive, read up about pyroluria. It causes anxiety and depression.

RainbowGirl
14-04-10, 04:13
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum! :hugs:

andy777
19-04-10, 19:12
Hi all.

Just thought I'd update you.
I had a real 'battle' with the doctor. My own doctor is off on maternity leave and the locum, who's replaced her, was very unhelpful. The surgery had no record of my hospital visit the previous weekend (it was supposed to have been posted to them), and it felt like she didn't believe me :(

I ended up back up at A+E trying to get someone to sort out the paper work that was supposed to have been sent to the surgery. I got another appointment for the doctors on Friday, just gone, and this locum (a different one) was far more understanding and prescribed the medication the hospital recommended. He said that it's what he'd prescribe anyway.

Feeling a little better, probably down to the diazepam, but I'm also seeing a psychotherapist off my own back. It's costing me my savings, but I'm sure it's helping.

snowy
19-04-10, 19:32
hi andy..hope youre feeling a little better today..diazepam does help with anxiety..it takes the edge off..but try not to get reliant on it..i had to be on it whilst i was on holiday..it got me through..my dr has changed my meds from citalopram to sertraline..heres hoping!!