PDA

View Full Version : Seroquel y citalopram same time why???

Torombolo
13-04-10, 22:39
well i have to say that citalopranm really helped me for my anxiety panic and depression, after 3 months i feel that my life is coming back i am very happy , but at the same time i notice that the medication even though is working well i was still feeling very anxius in places with a lot of people and i had to speak infront of others or making a line in the market alone or by myself so the citalopram alone for me was not strong enough so i went to my doc, and he game me seroquel 25 mg daily for may anxiety ,,also i am having 60 mg celexa for depression and anxiety, i feel much better than before. SINCE i am having the seroquel i feel more relax and calm and i am having only 25 ml of it . But my question is: celexa works increasing seratonin levels and seroquel works in the other way, reducing seratonin levels so ?? i don't understand why both taken at the same time if they work one oppose to the other??? any one have the answer???

guelfo
17-05-10, 22:07
I just know that they can be both prescribed since seroquel helps at 25-50mg for anxiety and bad mood. If you are having fobia at some places you should talk to you doctor to review your anti depressant or other safe medication

But I can tell you that when I took seroquel plus lexapro I didn't have fobia, they worked fine for me because I needed to speak to a lot of people.