PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful Indigestion

Always-Worried
13-04-10, 22:39
Over the past month or so I have had approx 5/6 episodes of excruciating indigestion.

It starts as a tight feeling under my bust and then progresses to pain which goes through to my back and shoulders.

I have been taking Pepcid Two and within about 40 mins it eases off.

Naturally I am now worried that this sudden onset of indigestion when I have never had it before indicates something sinister!!

The only thing I can attribute it to is the fact the format of my venlafaxine has been changed from Effexor (capsules) to Venlalic (tablets) - indigestion is listed as a side effect on the Venlalic but not on the Effexor - could that be it do you think?

Lissy43
13-04-10, 22:43
I was having this after meals and my GP tested me for a few things, it turned out I had helicobacter which is treatable, and now after 2 months of meds I am fine.

Go to see your GP so that they can rule it out x

blondie47
13-04-10, 22:47
This is totally indigestion. I'm not sure what it is like on the other side of the pond, but here in the US the doctors NEVER tell you about that horrid back/chest pain that is very common to reflux sufferers. I have yet to encounter one who would even acknowledge it. But almost everyone I know with heartburn or reflux gets the pain in that area, which of course is so much more scary than the heartburn itself. Get it checked out if you are scared but I can say I do have the same thing. I never worry about it anymore, I know what it is. I have it horrid right now because I am focusing on another part of my body, and it just comes with all the anxiety. But I don't stress on what it is - I've learned to accept that its all related to the digestion system, and the more stressed you are the more stressed it is.