PDA

View Full Version : Can U Help me????

Dollie
14-04-10, 00:43
I have always been a worrier, in fact I spend most of my time worrying about my health my daughter and my life in general. I take blood pressure tablets which the doctors have changed a few times trying to find the right one. I take propranolol for the anxiety and for the last week seemed to be fine and doing what I would say was well. Then tonight I am playing on my computer when I get this sudden feeling of a missed beat and then all of a sudden I feel very vague as though there is no thoughts at all, then I get a terrible rash which is very red and very blotchy. I check it goes when pressed and it does. I have a headache now too and feel like my nerves are shot as inside I feel so shakey. I can't rest and not chance of sleep which means another bad day at work tomorrow. On top of all this I have palpatatons which are being kept in line by the tablets but my body knows without them the heart would be racing like crazy.

I tell myself its anxiety but it seems to get worse. Can you think of anything that may help me get through this and try to be some sleep as it feels very elusive at the moment and I just can seem to wind down?:weep::weep::weep: Any help truly appreciated
Dolly:scared15:

smpomeroy
14-04-10, 01:27
Dolly
dont dispair - there will be good and bad days and I bet you have felt like this before havent you, if you think about it?

Try to distract yourself with something to give your body a break from the adrenalin - the betablockers will be blocking your adrenalin receptors to some extent but when anxiety kicks in they dont stop all the symptoms - believe me, I have been taking them for over a year. The missed beats are anxiety and I think for me the beta blockers hasnt stopped them entirely just stopped my heart racing so much when I get very anxious but I do tend to feel a bit dizzy instead so thats probably what it is.

Try some slow breathing - put on your fav dvd or music and try to chill with that. When you go to bed decide in advance what nice things you are going to think about - maybe you favourite holiday or place or other happy memories. when the bad thoughts come into your head it sounds daft but it sometime help to just say STOP! - give your brain the instruction and then try to let the thoughts to flow through your brain without giving them meaning and importance. I know this is tough to do but the more you practice it the easier it becomes. Keep trying to think the nice thoughts and slow breath - really concentrate on this and you will fall asleep.

I am about to go to bed and do the same thing mysel because I had a stressfull day today and then a big meal and a glass of wine tonight with friends which is a bad combination to give me missed beats and palps.

good luck I hope it works for you (and for me) but if it doesnt we will both be back here in good company :winks:

suz

Dollie
14-04-10, 02:01
Ty you so much suz. I have put the music on and will try my best to think of good things but like you say its not easy. I hope you sleep well and have a good day tomorrow. once again thankyou for the support.

I so wish there was anxiety help lines we could use at night. Sometimes talking distracts you from the issues and whilst its not a cure it helps but alas my daughter is sound asleep and im alone. life eh..

ty and take care
dollie x:hugs:

Howzat1980
14-04-10, 02:18
the insomnia is a pain too...more time to think huh

smpomeroy
14-04-10, 16:17
I was awake for ages last night got about 4 and a half hours sleep and am sooo tired in work today but I managed nto to panic even though I couldnt sleep - well not panic seriously anyway.

Im glad it helped you a bit Dollie I just wanted you to know someone else was sitting there thinking exactly the same thng.

Suz

AmyJane
14-04-10, 16:34
I get like this every night i am afraid of going to sleep i get very lightheaded and a sense that im not really there it is really scarey! Im 21 weeks pregnant and now all i can think about is how im going to cope with the birth my anxietys are growing everyday i wish there was a helpline to ring at night as it is very lonely!!

Amy

cattia
14-04-10, 21:09
I get like this every night i am afraid of going to sleep i get very lightheaded and a sense that im not really there it is really scarey! Im 21 weeks pregnant and now all i can think about is how im going to cope with the birth my anxietys are growing everyday i wish there was a helpline to ring at night as it is very lonely!!

Amy

Amy I just gave birth 16 weeks ago to my daughter, you can PM me if I can help x