PDA

View Full Version : can i take natural remedies/vaerian while on meds?

bexy1970
14-04-10, 09:50
hi, just wandering if anyones found anything good for recucing anxiety attacks apart from valium, as im starting to rely on them to much and doc wont give me them on repeat!! have tried calms but they dont do much!!! just wandering what i can take as im on zispin too... i just want to feel calm and not anxious and panicky all the time... becaa xxx:doh:

oneofus
14-04-10, 10:03
bexy,

Valerian is a natural source of valium so I wouldn't recommend it if your doctor doesn't. That said grown as a herb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(herb)) it may be useful, but check with doctor first. Other herbs may also be useful, but I would advise caution and don't mix with conventional medication without taking advice.

Herb growing itself is a very relaxing occupation esp. since you can do it in small pots inside and just rubbing some Basil leaves and smelling the aroma can lift you heavenwards though keeping your feet on the ground. And as for Black Peppermint don't get me going .....

bexy1970
14-04-10, 15:06
thank you, doc lets me have valium but only a few at a time as theyre so addictive, so may give valerian a try and your other advice x