PDA

View Full Version : rescue remedy??? Kalms???

lindajane1971
14-04-10, 09:53
Hello :)

Does anyone use rescue remedy spray?????
Im terrible with medication these days and just cant bring myself to take anything
from what ive read about this stuff it can be used by anyone and has no side effects so im thinking it might work for me.

Ive also bought kalms tablets but have not tried any yet, would these two be able to be used together???

any advice would be appreciated xx

mick_uk
14-04-10, 10:10
Rescue remedy is very safe lindajane and i'm sure it can be used alongside kalms. The spray or the tablet form might be just what you need. They are handy because you can use them whenever you need and not have to wait a few hours before the next dose as you do with other medicines.

mick

lindajane1971
14-04-10, 14:29
thanks mick for the reply, im hoping i can use this instead of drugs as they do frighten me

JohnBliss
14-04-10, 18:29
Hi
I take Kalms daily and have done for months with no side effects.I find them very effective in taking the edge off the tension. I also use Rescue Remedy for an immediate "fix" and again I find it very effective with no side effects
Hope the products work for you
Regards
John

NoPoet
14-04-10, 18:58
Hi, what I would say is that if you are going to be taking something long term, you are better with something prescribed by a doctor.

Kalms contain valerian which should not be combined with certain medications.

Valerian is supposed to be good at helping cope with stress, tension and anxiety, but a natural remedy is probably not going to contain a dose to deal with severe anxiety or depression - that's what medication is for. Kalms are to help you with day to day stuff like temporary work pressures etc, they are not a substitute under any circumstances for antidepressants or anxiolytics.

If you are debilitated by anxiety/depression etc, you should consider medication. Speak to a doctor about it and see what they think, cos they can assess you and work out an action plan.

There are certain natural remedies such as vitamin supplements, omega-3 and inositol which can be safely combined with medication. If you are quite ill, you should consider combining these with an SSRI instead of relying on Kalms.