PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and depression, cant work at the mo

fizzandfiddles
14-04-10, 13:01
Hi, a colegue of mine who has suffered from BMD reccomended this site to me.
Im a musician, performer, arty type person.
Ive pretty much suffered from some kind of low self esteem since childhood (wich is probably down to the fact i got bullied a lot in school)

Ive had a lot of troubble fitting in with "real life" trying to find a job, and found it very difficult leaving univerity where i had made freinds and become more comfidet. The anxiety i got forom this was made worse by work. I have now had to quit my job and am on a CBT course for clinical depression and Adcal-D3 to stop me getting light headed and confused. I Dont realy want to take any other medication, as I think Id feel a lot better about myself if I was able to sort this out holisticly.

I think Im a pretty common case, and whould realy like to hear how other people are or have delt with it.

nomorepanic
14-04-10, 13:04
Hi fizzandfiddles

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

oneofus
14-04-10, 13:18
Welcome on board, hope you enjoy your time here. Not bumped into any musicians here, though they may be hiding the bushels under a lamp. I am truly envious of anyone who can get beyond whistling at Boy Scout grade.

chrislot
15-04-10, 11:15
If you are looking for physical causes of anxiety and depression, look at the research of Bill Walsh of The William Walsh Research Institute. They treat by rebalancing ones biochemistry, after rigerous blood testing, using vitamins and minerals. I had pyroluria, undermethylation and copper overload. This dx and treatment has given me back my life, and I had tried everything except heavy duty meds. I took only effexor.

fizzandfiddles
16-04-10, 12:43
If you are looking for physical causes of anxiety and depression, look at the research of Bill Walsh of The William Walsh Research Institute. They treat by rebalancing ones biochemistry, after rigerous blood testing, using vitamins and minerals. I had pyroluria, undermethylation and copper overload. This dx and treatment has given me back my life, and I had tried everything except heavy duty meds. I took only effexor.
Thanks a lot for this il check this out - looks interesting:yesyes:

mentaljail
16-04-10, 18:14
I am so against meds. I'm not a doctor so I don't understand them and how they work, or why, and I don't trust doctors. I know I need to see one, but I won't take any meds.

Personally I believe my issues come from rejection growing up and the fact that I'm still growing up. I think that myself and a lot of others find transition into adulthood really hard. I'm 29 and I know I'm not grown up. I have no real authority and I haven't got that job where I'm part of a respectful team. I know I'm suppose to be in college, at least you got through college, I'm still trying, but I can imagine how hard it is leaving college. That refined learning enviroment where grown ups still get to be kids in school, learning. Leaving college/university is like that final transition into adulthood. As you can see I think one of my own issues is growing up and I've managed to tie that into your issue.

I could be way off base, but I'm going through a lot too and the idea of meds, I've pretty much swore them off. A doctor will have to be extreamly persuasive to get me on prescription mind altering substances.

I like math. :)

mentaljail
16-04-10, 18:21
LOL, I'm not against meds. I just read someone elses profile. I just don't think I need them. I don't understand meds. So like I said I'm not a doc and even though I don't trust doctors, one of my major problems in life is that I don't trust anybody. So if I say something, it's just food for thought :)