PDA

View Full Version : driving

susysparkle
14-04-10, 15:25
hi there. i suufer with panicky feelings most of the time, have just been put on citrolpan, but felt weid, so reduced the dose to 10mg, and hoping this will help. anyhow i was wondering if anyone get panis attackes while driving.. i use to drive everywhere, until one day i had a full blown panic attack whilst driveing on the m25. fortuanely i was near a turn off, so i was then able to pull over, and was just about to dial 999 when eventually i managed to calm down enough to carry on and get home,, i now onlt drive locally in my local area.. this is stopping me enjoying taking my 2 year old grandson, to fun places.. just wondered if anyone else has the expariances , and if so how ypu cope .. sue

diane07
14-04-10, 15:27
Hi susysparkle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

margaret jones
14-04-10, 16:58
Hi sue welcome to nmp you are not alone in the driving and panic i also get it sometimes, I try to singalong to some music or tap on the steering wheel to distract me . my worse time is waiting at traffic lights i pray that they turn green asap Hope you find away to overcome it so that your Grandson can enjoy lots of outings wiyh his nanny . Take Care Maggie

otherlisa
15-04-10, 02:04
hi i am 41 and suffered with panic disorder for 13 years i now can not drive outside a ten mile radius , it has affected my life terribly , but i have a very supporting family email me if you want to talk :)

Straw Jacket
15-04-10, 07:37
hi sue and welcome to the forum

I also get attacks while driving, however I get them at traffic lights quite badly, I think it is connected with the "no escape" thing. I get them pretty much anywhere that there is no easy way out of. I usually try and control my breathing..and fiddle about with my phone, or anything thats in the car to take my mind off it.