PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

gilliano
14-04-10, 19:41
Does anyone have attacks in middle of the night

verity
14-04-10, 19:56
Yeah, nite time is my worst time as I feel more vulnerable and alone at nite. I have to listen to relaxing music in my headphones as bumps and creeks in the nite scare me and Im liable to have a really bad panic attack.

gilliano
14-04-10, 20:00
Thanks for replying. any reason for your attacks? and what do you feel like? symptoms etc

moomintroll
14-04-10, 20:06
Does anyone have attacks in middle of the night

i do, i sometimes get them before i got to bed or i wake up in the middle of the night having one, then i am too scared to go back to sleep, i normally have a feeling of dread and start to shake and my heart race, i try to read to take my mind of them or end up sleeping with the light on as i scared and panicky

gilliano
14-04-10, 20:42
Hi, i have been waking in the night and having pounding heart, and bad hot flushes,basically as my husband has started working away, im not scared of being alone, its the weird fear that hes just not here? its dreadful as i am really tired and need to go to work the next day.

Its awful as in the day i am absoluteley fine about it, i think thats beacause i am occupied etc.
Is there any reason for yours?

guitarpants
15-04-10, 01:57
The ONLY time I've had them is waking from sleep with them.

jude uk
15-04-10, 05:25
I think what may help is if you have the panic at night is to do something to help take your mind off them. I do remember in the begining having a dart board and throwing darts at it....still cant play the game. I know some people play the ps2 or x box to take their mind off it.

gilliano
15-04-10, 15:25
Hi, i agree with what you say about taking your mind off them,but its more dificult at night than day isnt it?
it is so quiet and loneley,just you and the horrible symptons. i have been taking bach remedies which seem to be working .

thanks for replying though.
gillx