PDA

View Full Version : missed period

worry_bunny
14-04-10, 21:01
I usually start my period on or around the 28th of each month. My periods are usually regular and last from 3 to 5 days. As of today (14th April) I still have not had my period :wacko:

I took a pregnancy test Monday even though my husband and I have been using protection and that came up negative. Around the time my period was due I had stomach cramps and felt like I was going to come on but nothing happened, since then I have had the cramps a few times and have been convinced more than once that I am about to come on and I have also felt really tired with no energy. I know stress can affect your periods but I haven't been feeling particularly stressed and it is very unlike me to be so very late :huh:

I really don't want to go to the doctor but Im not sure how long I can leave this before I should be concerned.

Also I think I should mention that in 2001 I had a miscarriage and shortly after I had an ectopic pregnancy which resulted in me losing one of my fallopian tubes. Of course like a fool I googled and saw that an ectopic can give a negative pregnancy test result so now I keep convincing myself that any stomach pain is an ectopic getting ready to burst :weep:

Can anyone relate to this :shrug:

Ella_Jayne
14-04-10, 22:16
I'm in the same position as you, I was due mine on the 2nd of this month and so far... Nothing. I had mild cramps but nope they didn't happen. I don't know how long to leave it before a doctor but I'm gonna give mine another week or so and then go and see him. I think anxiety and stress is a major factor.

KateRose
15-04-10, 19:17
Bless you. If it was an ectopic pregnancy, I think you'd have got a positive pregnancy test. So don't worry about that. You CAN actually get pains in the early stages of a healthy pregnancy, it's your uterus stretching and changing. Sometimes, pregnancy tests don't always give you an accurate reading. Don't worry, if it was an ET (ectopic) you'd be in SEVERE pain!!

worry_bunny
16-04-10, 20:39
ty for the replies :) I think I will end up having to go to the doctor as it still hasnt come :(

For the past couple of days I have felt like I have zero energy and have also felt quite nauseous. I also feel very bloated.

When I had a shower today I reached my arms up above my head to adjust the shower nozzle and felt like a tugging sensation in my lower belly on the left hand side which was a little painful and made me panic :(

I just feel so sluggish and nauseous that I dont want to do anything I just want to lie down and go to sleep. :unsure:

LucyR
29-04-10, 14:04
The symptoms you are having could be pre menstrual symptoms and a sign that your period is on its way.