PDA

View Full Version : Oh god, I searched on here about night sweats and...

Onwards & Upwards
14-04-10, 22:48
It kept coming up with lymphoma (sp?)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know their stuff about this? I've had really achey legs for days, have been feeling really tired for weeks and have got a sore neck, I daren't feel for any nodes except that both my armpits are sore!!!!!

The night sweats have started in the last few weeks, I haven't been on any meds.

I can't believe searching on here has triggered this! I'm 28, does anybody know about this crappy thing from their own anxiety? There's no way I am Googling it!

Plus I've had a really achey lower back for days.

stressbunny
14-04-10, 23:06
hi on,

I am guessing that if you searched on here and got lymphoma from night sweats it would be because other people were worried about it and that they had probably got their info from Dr Google...for example, my personal HA is MS, so when I google my twitching etc I get MS back on the search. We are grouped by our HA categories, cancer HA, neuro HA etc...

I was having a chat yesterday with my friend and we were both saying we were getting sweaty at night..I think over the last few weeks my house has just warmed up and the heating hasn't yet been turned down. Man made materials in your bedding or jammies can make you hot at night..I get hot at certain times of the month etc etc

A million things could cause night sweats and probably 99% of them are benign, but we have HA :mad:

mandie
14-04-10, 23:44
Hi

I suffer with night sweats on and off. used to worry me especially as my dad is battling lymphoma at present.

There are few reasons why i getting them probably. a stuffy room, bad dreams which make me wake up sweating, time of month etc.

Before my dad was diagnosed he didnt have a sore neck, achey back or legs.

It really is unlikely u have lymphoma,

love mandie x

marley
15-04-10, 03:08
Lymphoma, you say? Unlikely.

Night sweats linked with lymphoma are the kind which drenches your clothing and the sheets. They're not a little bit of sweat here and there - you're actually dripping with sweat. These are also linked with a fever at times.

Night sweats not linked with lymphoma can be indicative of a cold or flu, hormonal fluctuations, change in weather, or anxiety. The body can still react while you are asleep. Any of these things is the more likely candidate for your sweating, especially considering the fact that you're in the Northern hemisphere, where the changing of the seasons means it's getting warmer.

Ronny
15-04-10, 07:35
I get night and day sweats,it is bloody horrible,but i am on hormone replacement to help,it is also anxiety and the darn heat from living in the tropics,my legs and neck ache due to tension.:mad:

Primula
15-04-10, 16:54
Yes I've had all of these symptoms, and managed to convince myself I was dying from something awful, many, many times. Go and see your doctor, tell him how frightened you are, and i am sure he will be able to put your mind at rest. Then get yourself a good book on CBT for health anxiety, and start doing what is suggests. It's better to nip this anxiety in the bud, rather than let it go on for years spoiling your life like I've let it spoil mine. Don't Google! Good Luck

biscuitlover
16-04-10, 16:55
Night sweats are my current worry at the moment. I usually get them before my period, but they have continued this time. I too googled my symptoms and lymphoma came up as an option. As a previous post suggested though, i think if it was serious we would have serious night sweats and a temperature during the day etc. Next time i go to the dr i will mention it, but am sure its ok.