PDA

View Full Version : MRI Results Today

springblossom
15-04-10, 14:14
Hi all,

I thought I'd update you.

I had my follow-up consultation with the Neurologist after having my MRI scan last month. He told me he found 'nothing serious' on the scan. I asked what that meant and he said 'nothing serious' :wacko:

The consultation lasted about 2 minutes and I feel very confused. Does 'nothing serious' mean anything 'scans were clear'?

SB

clairabella
15-04-10, 14:23
If there was anything serious that needed further investigations then im almost 100% certain he would have told you......nothing serious means there isnt anything to worry about....:)

oneofus
15-04-10, 14:29
Everybody's body differs in different ways, so every MRI will have something diffrent from every other. I think you, no I know, you can take nothing serious as meaning you're 100% different in a normal way.

Sit down and have a nice cup of tea, unless you're my wife in which case she'd demand to be taken out for lunch :)

Peter_Scott
15-04-10, 17:42
I think it is good news, if it had been of any concern then they would want to see you again. The MRI is very sensitive and picks up the very smallest abnormality, and I mean small even a few mm. Also scans often show things like shadows which are irrelevant,

Peter