PDA

View Full Version : how do i get over this?

allergyphobia
15-04-10, 14:36
Hi All

Joined this site last night after a particularly bad panic attack. I have had a persistent cough for 6 months, and the doctors do not know what is causing it. I have been tried on medication for GERD, inhalers and they are now trying me on a steroid nasal spray and antihistamines, nothing is working and if anything things are getting worse. I have had excema and mild allergies throughout my life recently developing to oral allergy syndrome... for about the past two weeks the outside of my neck has constantly felt sore and itchy and i am starting to get really funny about what i'm eating, i think i am allergic to everything and going to go into anaphyllaxis. I know it sounds ridiciulous... this all stems from the cough and now this, friends and family don't know what to say to me anymore and i feel like I can't cope, i have taken the week off of work hoping things would settle down but i feel more out of control than ever....

some one please help :weep:

nomorepanic
15-04-10, 14:37
Hi allergyphobia

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

oneofus
15-04-10, 15:01
Mmmmm! My daughter has oral allergy syndrome, but not as bad as yours. She just keeps away from some raw fruit and vegetables; citrus is ok but apples give her the heebie geebies. She carries an eppipen just in case she should have a bad reaction, but has never had to use it.

You're certainly not going into anaphyllaxis. If you were it would have an extreme rapid onset within minutes if not sooner.

By chance my other daughter, yes I have two for my many sins, has had an annoying hacky cough for the last month or so and just seen the doc today. To her annoyanceit's a drop of asthma brought on by stress since she's just about to do her A'levels, even though she's being hammer and tongs on the treadmill and Nordic skitrac. All I can say is its her fault for choosing history, if she'd taken her father's advice and stuck to maths all would have been well :-)

So I'm sure you'll be ok, and no reading maths books is not a conventional cure

Take care

allergyphobia
15-04-10, 15:08
thank you for your reply. i think i need to get an epipen, maybe having one would just make me feel safer. it started off with me obsessing over fruits and veg related to birch pollen as that is what causes the syndrome, but now i seem to worry over everything. i have no idea why or how to stop it, i think maybe also a full allergy test would help me know what's what. i just wish this would stop and then the cough, but i guess it is all a matter of time.