PDA

View Full Version : breast lump

tashbarnes87
15-04-10, 15:37
Hi all, can anyone tell me if they have ever had a breast lump that is mobile? by mobile i mean i can push it a few mm & it always ends up back in the same place?

I found the lump 2 weeks ago & went to the docs who wants to see me again on the 26th. It worrys me as she dismisses it as 'nothing sinister' based on me being 22 & pregnant. I found a lump a year ago and had to go through the horror of the breast clinic & im now terrified that theres no way this one can be benign too :weep:

Its about a cm by cm, hard & painless and as i said i can move it slightly. If i push my boob up i cant feel it so i think its in the tissue not under the skin x

Carys
15-04-10, 19:01
Hiyer, you have done the right thing by seeing your doctor straight away - but the chances are that most breast lumps are just due to hormonal changes and this one will indeed be benign. I think providing your doctor felt the lump then you should feel reassured, as so much can be told about the type of thing it is by the mobility, feel etc. Are you going back to have it checked on 26th ?

KateRose
15-04-10, 19:04
Hi, the fact that your pregnant could mean that it's a swollen milk duct. I know a thing or 2 about breasts (it's my job lol) and when you're pregnant, the breasts start producing colostrum as early as 12 weeks. This means that the sacks inside the breasts joined to the milk ducts can fill, and you get swellings. We also have glands in our breasts. Don't worry :)

tashbarnes87
15-04-10, 19:27
Hi Kate, thank you!

would a milk duct be mobile? x

KateRose
15-04-10, 19:34
They can be yes. Where on the breast is the lump?

Cell block H fan
15-04-10, 20:27
Hi all, can anyone tell me if they have ever had a breast lump that is mobile? by mobile i mean i can push it a few mm & it always ends up back in the same place?

I found the lump 2 weeks ago & went to the docs who wants to see me again on the 26th. It worrys me as she dismisses it as 'nothing sinister' based on me being 22 & pregnant. I found a lump a year ago and had to go through the horror of the breast clinic & im now terrified that theres no way this one can be benign too :weep:

Its about a cm by cm, hard & painless and as i said i can move it slightly. If i push my boob up i cant feel it so i think its in the tissue not under the skin x

When I had just had my son I had a lump. Health visitor was awful & started saying 'oooh I wonder if it was there before & you didn't notice???'
Doctor wasn't concerned though, they can usually tell by the feel of it, but sent me for an ultrasound scan, it was a cyst. They drained it there & then.
I bet thats all it is. x

lilypippin
15-04-10, 23:45
I've had two children, had a lump in my left breast both times when pregnant (diff place in the left breast) and both times an ultrasound showed them to be cysts. Mobility is a classic sign of cysts. Also had a milk filled cyst when I was breastfeeding this last time.

xx

suzy-sue
15-04-10, 23:54
Ive had three ,one that is a blocked milk duct ,,like a pea .Had it for years .The other two were fluid filled cysts ..These were drained by a needle .its very common .. Just Bloomin hormones ,, Nothing to fret over :D..easier said then done I know ,,T/c Sue x

tashbarnes87
16-04-10, 12:19
thanks all, i had to have a biopsy with my last one which was a milk cyst that was much bigger than this one & didnt move as much, This one is right at the top of my boob almost where it meets the chest wall.

This was always my biggest fear after last time & nearly a year to the day i have another :(

I know its very likely its hormone related but im terrified i have breast cancer :( x

Mogwog
17-04-10, 18:27
Hi Hunny

I had a breast lump back in August and it was a fibroadenoma - a benign breast lump which is sometimes called a "breast mouse" because of the way it can move. They are very common in woman aged 20 -30, and I read somewhere especially pregnant woman, and are completely harmless.

From what your describing its in the exact place my lump was and moves around the same way.

I am sorry you are having to go through this again though - I know its not nice.

Hope this has put your mind at rest a little

Love

L.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tashbarnes87
19-04-10, 17:33
thank you!! did you find if you pushed on it with your fingertip or thump it feels like a marble quite deep?

I hate this sooooo much :( x

Hi Hunny

I had a breast lump back in August and it was a fibroadenoma - a benign breast lump which is sometimes called a "breast mouse" because of the way it can move. They are very common in woman aged 20 -30, and I read somewhere especially pregnant woman, and are completely harmless.

From what your describing its in the exact place my lump was and moves around the same way.

I am sorry you are having to go through this again though - I know its not nice.

Hope this has put your mind at rest a little

Love

L.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mogwog
29-04-10, 14:58
Hi Tash

Yep when I pushed on it, it would almost jump about, thats why they call it a "mouse" cos of the way it moves and I know this isnt the correct way to examine breasts but if I squeezed my breast I could feel it more and it would move more too.

And yes it did feel like a deep marble.

I know what you mean about hating it. I can't stop thinking about my pain and lumpy area and havent had an appt through yet for breast clinic as my referral got sent back to my doc cos he didnt put my weight on it. :(

Breast worries suck ass big time

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs: