PDA

View Full Version : Really could do with a friend right now!

Cherbear
15-04-10, 17:53
Hello everyone!

Have been on this forum a while but haven't posted recently. My name is Cheryl, I'm 23 from London and I'm currently just finishing my final year of a Journalism degree (I am graduating this summer!!). I suffer from depression and anxiety (general but I suffer from separation anxiety a lot too). I also suffer from IBS! I seem to have a few "friends" but they always seem to get put off my anxiety/depression and they are all very into clubbing/drinking which is not really my scene (although I do love going to the pub!). I don't really have any real friends other than my mum and boyfriend...sorry if that sounds sad! I would just love to have a friend/friends who are perhaps going through the same thing or at least can understand. I guess I just feel lonely.

I'm a really nice person, caring, a bit shy sometimes until I get to know someone, I love laughing :yesyes:, I'm a girlie girl, love shopping, films, writing, music, facebook, all the usual things really. I am training to be a Primary school teacher this September which is a massive step for me.

Anyway I have rambled enough, if anyone is interested in chatting/being my penpal please feel free to message me on here and hope to hear from someone soon :)

Cheryl x

gypsywomen
15-04-10, 18:23
hi you look very bubbly but i know the face we ware isnt whats inside ,, this illness is a lonely one ,but on here we can all chat we know we are not alone ..and this helps ,, maggie xxxxxxxxxxxx

Carly Lou
15-04-10, 18:45
Hi cherbear, OMG could we be anymore alike, im 25 and suffer from anxiety and ibs, well the ibs is just the most horrid annoying thing ever.... had it on and off for about a year now, i too suffer from anxiety, mainly the thought of dying and having symptoms of just abt every cancer ever !!!!
i used to go out clubs etc... and then HA decided to pay a visit and i turned into hermit, even my own sister called me a hermit when i was 24, that was not good, i have a great friend on nmp who i talk to all the time on facebook, and we have helped eachother soooooo much xxx
esp the late nite talks when we needed to call the ambulance because we thought we were having a heart attack, ( panic attack for us HA sufferers )
its horrid tho isnt it, it takes over your life and you feel you just cant go forward and be positive, xxxxx

Cherbear
16-04-10, 11:40
wow I'm popular.....:(

Thanks Carly, have added you on FB.

Gypsywomen, I can be bubbly but like you said what appears on the outside is not what you feel inside!

gypsywomen
16-04-10, 11:48
you can add me on face book its mandy jay

Cherbear
17-04-10, 22:25
can someone lock or delete this thread for me please, not sure how :(