PDA

View Full Version : Swollen, painful armpit lump..

KateRose
15-04-10, 18:53
I've today had a very sore, painful armpit and there is a lump under the skin about the size of a broad bean. It's really tender and painful. I'm breastfeeding but I am sure it's nothing to do with the breast, I know all about mastitis as I'm a breastfeeding peer counsellor lol. I have M.E. but I've never known my gland swell this much before, or be this painful. Help, I'm scared it's lymphoma or something!!

smpomeroy
15-04-10, 19:22
I h=get that on and off and sometimes it becomes like a sort of blind boil which usually bursts - dont worry, because its very sore that signals that it has become inflammed or infected so the liklihood is that its nothign serious. If it doesnt go way after a few days then see the doc and they will give you some antibiotics to sort it out. I get them under my arms and in my groin - there is a name for it but I cant remember it - its hydro something or other - ps they tend to be sweat glands that have become inflammed.

suz x

Cell block H fan
15-04-10, 20:29
My sis had this once, the doc wasn't concerned & it went away of its own accord in the end x

Emz
16-04-10, 09:07
This sounds like a boil to me. They're quiet common to get in the armpit or groin. If it is bothering you then you could use some boil cream and/or a warm compress on the spot a couple of times a day. This will bring out a head and it will eventually burst. Make sure to keep the area clean after it has :)

Its absolutly nothing to worry about, I've had it happen plenty of times to me. Its usually caused by a bit of deoderant in the poor or a blocked hair follicle.