PDA

View Full Version : Periods and crying?

cupcakes2009
15-04-10, 20:39
Hi i dont normally post but here goes, yesterday and today ive been crying loads like i burst into tears but im not sure why, the only thing i can think is its my hormones, i dont take the pill or anything, i suffer from agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks and Depression, but ive been doing really well and don't think i feel depressed if you know what i mean. I just get scared im going to go back down hill again to how i first was years ago and how ill i felt. Does anyone else cry with there period over nothing?

Please dont post horror stories i just wanted to know if im alone in this :weep:

Thanks for reading Katy :)

cattia
15-04-10, 20:56
Yes, yes and yes! I've suffered from this a lot in the past, sometimes when I had my period I would feel like I was going back into the worst days of my depression and anxiety, then after a few days the symptoms would lift. I found acupuncture really helped me a lot with my hormal fluctuations. Hormones can really produce some powerful emotional syptoms and if you have been under stress lately then these can be much worse.

Cell block H fan
15-04-10, 22:10
Hi i dont normally post but here goes, yesterday and today ive been crying loads like i burst into tears but im not sure why, the only thing i can think is its my hormones, i dont take the pill or anything, i suffer from agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks and Depression, but ive been doing really well and don't think i feel depressed if you know what i mean. I just get scared im going to go back down hill again to how i first was years ago and how ill i felt. Does anyone else cry with there period over nothing?

Please dont post horror stories i just wanted to know if im alone in this :weep:

Thanks for reading Katy :)

Only in my early to mid 30's with pmt. I was put on Diazapam in the end, 5 days a month, 5 days before my period was due, as my mood was so low & het up. They calmed me down.
It wasn't a pleasant time for my partner at the time, he had never experienced anyone like it before!
x

miss_moose
16-04-10, 11:48
Hello,

I'm just like you, suffering with agoraphobia, anxiety ect. And when i'm on my period (and for about a week before it starts), i do cry at absolutely anything, i also get really snappy and bad mood swings when i'm usually so placid.
Crying when your on your period is normal x

cupcakes2009
16-04-10, 13:34
Thank you all for your replys im feeling a little better today thank god :) its just when your in that cycle its hard to think its normal or you will be ok iynwim. Miss Moose if you wanna chat at anytime pm me :D xxx

miss_moose
16-04-10, 20:34
Thank you :)

I was telling my other half about this post and my reply, and he laughed because he knows to keep away from me when i'm all PMT-y, and not to say anything because i'll either snap at him or burst into tears!:D

cupcakes2009
16-04-10, 22:03
Awwww bless him :D my husband is so lovely bless him, i could not ask for anyone kinder ever. How long have you been agrophobic? can you get out at all ? xx

miss_moose
16-04-10, 22:25
Your hubby sounds lovely, they have to have the patience of a saint sometimes:)

I've been agoraphobic for 9 years, It started when i was 17 which is a horrible ime because i was just finding myself and at that age where it's exciting and you start having a life, and suddenly i'm so agoraphobic i'm bed bound.
I hardly left my bed for 3 years.
Now I have a gorgeous fiance (We met on the internet, developed a friendship in person, and fell in love when i went to stay with him in late 2004).
It's only been in these last 3 years that ive started to venture out. I go out now, but just for a few hours 3 or 4 days a week.
We mainly just go for walks but i'm working on shopping and pubs because i want to do "normal" things and so does he, i usually have a panic attack when we go out but it makes me more determined...and i never go anywhere without my trusty rescue remedy!:yesyes:

Are you able to get out at all? xxx:bighug1:

missknowitall
17-04-10, 01:57
oh god tell me about it, sometimes whem im about to get my period i see a elderly person crossing the street and i cry.
very common