PDA

View Full Version : heart awareness 24/7

borup
16-04-10, 14:33
uhm.. help please:yahoo: i know i'm not dying, i would've been dead many times. but somehow my evolved monkey brain still thinks im ill and dying. i've been aware of my heart ALL DAY and i'm going out tonight and i already know its going to ruin it. i can't distract myself from it for more than an hour then my brain forces it back. the more i think about the more weird beats i get. lots of pauses, like my brain focuses 100% on the beats and the rythm adds some milliseconds before every beat. havent had more than a few ectopics the last weeks but surely they'll be back. im confused.

is it dangerous to focus SO MUCH on your heart beat? cause when i'm not focusing on it i feel normal. a few weeks ago i went home very drunk and had a panic attack cause my heart as racing. i got to a point where i left for a walk and said to myself "if im gonna die, bring it on, come on, drop dead" it ignored me and i went to bed. it helped me for a few days but even when sober its driving me mad again.

i dont have a drinking problem i have to add. this awareness keps me from going out and have fun.

borup
18-04-10, 01:08
please?

Going home
18-04-10, 02:10
Hi borup

If you've read up on the section of the forum that gives information about these ectopics you'll know that you're not alone. That doesn't always help I know, though to be aware that this is a problem for alot of people sometimes helps...even my doctor has been a lifelong sufferer of these 'missed' heartbeats as have I, and he and I often have a chat about them together whenever i visit the surgery....and over the years ive had various tests and all have been negative.

I know these extra beats very uncomfortable and not always as a result of anxiety. Sometimes they can be brought on by digestive problems and this is a result of the Vagus nerve, which is the longest nerve in our body, running from the base of the brain to the groin area...passing through the stomach and heart as well as other organs. If this nerve is irritated in the stomach it can have a knock-on effect in your heart causing the ectopics. My doctor recomended I take anything that has the active ingredient called Simeticone in it such as in most of the Rennies tablets. I know this sounds mad but it works for alot of people with this problem.

Of course on other occasions the ectopics are purely a result of anxiety and sometimes we have to accept that its actually a normal reaction from our hearts if anxiety causes extra adrenaline in our bloodstream. Hope this helps a bit anyway.

Take care
GH xxx

sharona
18-04-10, 08:43
Hi Going home,

I get these all the time as they scare me.Thank you so much for the information,next time I get them I will take a rennie.

Borup- anxiety and booze does not go together for me......Wine gets my anxiety and BP straight through the roof.

Sharona

benjamin222
13-05-10, 09:05
24/7 Heart awareness is a common symptom of anxiety, I've been going through it for months now. Just know you're not alone!

Typer
20-05-10, 20:34
You are not alone at all.

That is interesting about the renee, wonder why Simeticone helps? I suffer badly from indigestion and all sorts of stomach problems since the palps started, in fact the stomach probs came first. I do have rennie, but the ones have do not have simeticone in