PDA

View Full Version : Having an awful day:( Anxiety???

Lissy43
16-04-10, 19:52
I've had a terrible day, felt on edge all day.

Since 6pm ive felt like im breathing faster and tight throat/chest but also feels like wibd pressure in back and throat. I know it's probably just anxiety but i keep thinking i have a PE and im feeling so anxious:((

I started the combined pill loestrin 20 13 days ago for heavy periods, read the leaflet and scared myself about dvt, pe etc... I can't seem to relax on it but tonight im worse by far:(

I am 30, 5ft tall and 6 & half stone in weight, i dont smoke..... Gp says i wont get a dvt or pe but im still scared:(( he said to have a PE in the lungs u would have a dvt to begin with so he said id know.

Any wise words? I cant relax at all:((

margaret jones
16-04-10, 19:58
Jessica try not to worry i am sure you will be fine

Take Care Maggie

Lissy43
16-04-10, 20:05
Thanks xx

pink17
16-04-10, 20:07
Try and not worry,u wud defo know if you have got a clot hun!because you have been thinking about it and its been on ur mind your going to be thinking its a clot.

oneofus
16-04-10, 20:13
Clots, DVT? No don't think so and I'm sure you'd look awful in those stocking they give you in hospital to make sure you don't get them after an operation. Made me look like House on a rather bad day!

As for that weight (6.5 stone) that's more of a concern. If my wife hears she may come hunting :) She was just heavier than that when we were married xx years ago.

So don't worry, enjoy your weekend and if you haven't got it flaunt it

love

skippy66
16-04-10, 20:13
No wise words but I can tell you about my day.

Woke up with migraine after shooting head pains yesterday. Just started a course of PPIs so took one. Mid morning my toe went numb and white for an hour, during which time I was convinced it was a blood clot or ms or something.

Went out in the car shopping and nearing the shops I felt breathless. Chest aching because I was stretching it to breathe deeply. Was this a blood clot too or the start of a heart attack?

I got random stabbing lower chest pains through the afternoon which is why I'm taking the PPIs.

Then on the drive back I had one of the worst attacks of palpitations I've ever had - about 5 seconds of irregular heartbeats all in a row accompanied by a head rush where I felt like I nearly fainted. I managed to keep control of the car and finished the journey no probs. Before dinner I went for a walk and even broke into a jog a few times. No adverse symptoms except for still a bad migraine headache. Took an ibuprofen for that and it has eased off but now I have an achey chest radiating to my neck and face - the jog, the migraine or a heart attack?

So today I've thought I've had:

several heart attacks
several strokes
ms
blood clot
sudden death syndrome

I'm still alive, but I don't know HOW I am.

This sums up a bad HA day for me.

pink17
16-04-10, 20:17
ha oneofus i have to wear those awful stockings for rest of my life!

Lissy43
16-04-10, 21:08
Thank you all, I am still so on edge. My husband did a read on NHS and he said I would just collapse and be in agony so he siad I am just having a panic.

I can't seem to relax though:-( I am still breathing quickly and feel like ive a pain/wind in my throat, but I am very windy tonight, lol!

Vanilla Sky
16-04-10, 21:19
Jess , you have been worried about this all week and longer , no wonder you feel anxious , you got yourself in a right frenzy hun. If you keep thinking your going to get DVT , your mind will produce physical symptoms for you, and then you go into panic and anxiety wins... again .
I have been the same this week , i'm back at the heart thing again BUT i'm determined its not going to bring me down, you do the same Jess , just think how you will feel when you don't have heavy periods any more .
Be strong love
Paige xx :hugs:

pink17
16-04-10, 21:27
paige is right,i used to worry about getting another dvt im a risk of another now i have had one,thats wot sent me to depression,but now i just think i cant live worrying all the time!

mick_uk
16-04-10, 21:29
jess you've had the symptoms since 6pm and nothing has happened to you since then. That's really good news if you look at it like that. You've done well to get over the worst,now have a nice cup of tea and congratulate yourself on getting through this nasty few hours. You'll be fine really :D

Lissy43
16-04-10, 21:34
Thank you all.

Slowly I am calming down, thank you all so much for replying to me I really appreciate it.

I just wish I could take this pill and relax, because hopefully it is going to benefit me as my periods were so heavy my iron levels were dropping alot:blush: