PDA

View Full Version : Pooping my pants :(

belle
17-04-10, 10:40
Friday the 23rd (THAT'S JUST SIX DAYS AWAY), i am having to have an operation on my damaged knee. I tore the cartilage years ago, but it's now when i have decided to finally get it done. I have already cancelled the operation several times because of being so scared.

So this morning, i am looking at a map of the hospital and i see that the ward i am on is on level 4 and the theater is on level 3. Down a lift and along a LONG corridor. Right now, not only am i sh*ting myself because i have got to have a GA but now because i've got to get in a flipping lift as well.

I am so scared of the "WHAT IF'S". Bloody hell. I am so agoraphobic and this whole thing will drive me mad before Friday.

Any tips as to how to handle this whole thing would be great :)

x

margaret jones
17-04-10, 21:01
Like Myra said a pre op will make you more relaxed and the lift will be easy ( honest ) get it done and think how you can get spoiled when recuperating
Take Care Maggie

PUGLETMUM
19-04-10, 17:21
:hugs:i dont envy you having to have this done - but do you want to carry on as it is? - ive had to have 2 very small ops in the last 2 years and they were no where near as bad as id imagined.

just keep reminding yourself of the benefits of it? its one of those times when really no-one can tell you anything and make it better -you just have to feel bad and do it anyway. in my experience having the ops actually made me feel more 'normal' - because obviously most ppl need to go into hospital at some point in their lives - and i was terrified of it - but now im not - its never nice, but you are being well looked after and mended - mention your anxiety probs first, ask if there is anything they can do to make it easier? like valium:winks: