PDA

View Full Version : Benefits? Jobseekers?

mumble
17-04-10, 14:59
I was refused for Employment and Support Allowance - so was going to apply for Jobseekers, I'm not sure however if I can attend every second week for the interview, has anyone else got around this somehow?

t0rt01se36
17-04-10, 16:57
I have previously been on Job Seekers Allowance and can relate to how anxious you may be feeling, with regards to going to the Job Centre. I sometimes panicked when I was at the Job Centre.

I got through it by telling myself it's not for long, as in the time I would be in there for and pre arranging something to do, before I set off, after I left the Job Centre.

Good luck!

Cat80
17-04-10, 17:33
I have been signed off sick and get Income Support. I have to go to a medical once or twice a year and that's it until I feel fit to go and get back into work (which I hope is really soon)

Neuro
19-04-10, 19:06
I was attending the JobCentre also and there's a 'connect bus' service at mine that means I can get picked up by a bus and go to the centre itself. If you don't think you can attend every second week for medical reasons then you'll need to talk to your doctor first before you can be put on Employment Support.
I reccomend talking to them and explaining your situation and seeing what they can work out for you.

NotResponding
19-04-10, 19:21
oh wow you're in exactly the same position as i am. im worried about this too. :(

You could try appealing against the decision, it is possible to be on ESA standard rate if you supply them with sick notes.-Thats what they told me.