PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal Symptoms/ADVICE - seroquel.

BabyRachel
17-04-10, 15:36
Been taking seroquel for three weeks 25 mg. Last night I developed some of the serious side effects including muscle spasms and convulsing.

GP has told me to immediatly stop seroquel and im on benzatropine 4mg a day for 10 days to reverse the muscle spazms.

Has anyone else had to immediatly stop seroquel? im having nausea, migraine and difficulty sleeping.

I feel terrible. Would love to hear from anyone who has been in the same boat.

thankyou :hugs:

BabyRachel
18-04-10, 08:41
Is anybody out there?

KK77
18-04-10, 23:38
I haven't been on it before but what you experienced sounds like neuroleptic malignant syndrome. The med you're on now will hopefully reverse this and I wish you all the best.

Let us know how you get on.

BabyRachel
20-04-10, 00:53
Thanks Melan... Its actually a form of tardive dyskenisa but the meds im taking will reverse it. thankyou for your reply :)

KK77
21-04-10, 01:23
How you feeling Rachel? I thought TD occurred with long-term use, hence "tardive" or delayed. In any case, that's not nice, but I'm wondering why your doc would put you on an antipsychotic drug in the first place.

3 weeks isn't long to be on a med and I'm sure the symptoms you're having will soon pass.

Let us know how you get on :D

BabyRachel
21-04-10, 06:08
I also have a mood disorder so I was put on them as a mood stabaliser.

I thought it occured over long term use too but apparantly not in my case.

Im feeling a bit better but will feel better after I see my psychiatrist so he can put me on a new med!!

Dahlia
26-07-10, 16:30
Hi Babyrachel - sorry, I know this is a bit of an old thread now, but could you please tell me how long your Seroquel withdrawal symptoms went on for?

I have withdrawn from Olanzapine, which is in the same class, and have been experiencing nausea, vomiting and anxiety for 2 weeks now. I'm scared to leave the house in case I'm sick. I feel awful.

Thanks

Dahlia