PDA

View Full Version : Breast problem again - I could scream!!

Mogwog
18-04-10, 11:16
Hi all

I had a breast lump back in Aug it was harmless but I had it removed anyway because of my HA.

I have now had a tender left breast (on the side near my armpit) for a couple of months - I have been waiting to see if it goes thinking its hormonal but it hasn't. I have not been prodding it as I know that can irritate areas but I had a good feel yesterday and the area is alot lumpier than my right breast and I can feel what I can only describe as a thickening not a lump as such. To tell you the truth I could just scream - its one thng after the other.

My son has severe special needs and has been ill for weeks and docs dont know why, I suffer from anxeity and panic attacks anyway but this is tipping me over the edge. My husband has taken the "here we go again" attitude.
I am scared about going to the docs as I think they will just tell me its my anxiety (which they have done before).

I am scared I have breast cancer and that I am going to die and leave my son who really needs me.

I am 28. Can someone please talk me down and offer reassurance I am so frightened

Thanks.

Lou.xxxxxxx

countrygirl
18-04-10, 11:56
Oh Lou you poor thing- do you have polycystic breast diease by any chance as this can give you lots of lumps and thickening that turn out to be harmless - distant relative of mine has it and she had a huge thickened area on her breast when she was in her 30's and she had it removed for her own piece of mind but it was harmless and it was due to the above.

Your Dr will not put thickened breast down to anxiety - any female will get into a panic about any breast change and I would imagine your Dr will send you to the breast clinic- it would be normal for any woman to ask for a referral so don't feel bad about asking for it to be looked at .

Saying that as your last lump was harmless although I unerstand your need to have it removed then its likely that this is as well.

One thing to say to your husband is what would he feel like if he found a big lump on his testicle!

every female on this board would feel just as you do. Be brave and go back to GP and let us know how you get on.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

blondie47
18-04-10, 23:22
Do you drink coffee, black tea or soda pop? I know I've been told excessive use of caffeine will cause breast pain and lumps. I was getting shooting pains in my breasts and the person administering the mammogram told me that. I gave up drinking an caffeine that next day and the pains went away. I went back to drinking it, but in moderation and only occasionally, and haven't had any problems since. That was several years ago.

Good luck, and try not to worry so much. Even in the worst case scenario, breast cancer has a high cure rate.

wotcanisay
18-04-10, 23:36
am a male, so i know nothing of this but i do know my sister find a lump that was painfull and it turn out to be cyst

if your worried go to doctor's it is more then there job worth to get something like that wrong

Mogwog
19-04-10, 12:13
Thanks for your replies

Well I went to the Dr this morning, I saw a male dr that I have seen before but not about my boobs. He was actually really nice about it and had a good feel, he said he couldn't feel one particular lump but that it does feel different to the other side. He is going to refer me to the breast clinic and also gave me some anti inflammatry tablets to see if that helps in the mean time.

I'm glad I got a referral but am now worrying about that - oh good god will this cycle ever end! :(

P.s - yes I do drink coffee, not that much though maybe 2 cups a day, maybe I should switch to decaff and see if that makes a difference, I also am partial to a bit of coke!

L.x

turnthelighton
19-04-10, 19:57
Hi, I can relate to this I have been having left breast issues for over a month now. see my previous posts. Been to the doctors and they say it is muscular. Even now my left breast is sore at the side I also get pain/tenderness in my shoulder blade as well. I constantly check my breasts for changes which I know is not good and get panicky if I spot something. You have done the right thing and I am sure it is nothing to worry about.