PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia + Urge to urinate?

AgoraphobicTeen
19-04-10, 01:08
My first post on here and I'm already posting something soo embarassing but I really need to ask...
My agoraphobia started as just a fear of needing to urinate in public and not getting to the bathroom in time, this was all because I had a UTI that doctors had failed to diagnose although I'd been three times about it in a week.
So because it took so long to diagnose and get rid of I'm now really really scared that I'm going to wet myself in public and so I didn't go out for ages and now I'm stuck indoors and if I do go out I have to go to the bathrooms every 20 minutes otherwise the urge gets so bad I have a panic attack and then I REALLY feel I'm going to wet myself..but I get to the toilet and there's nothing.
My mum always says she'd get me some sort of pad or something if I feel insecure about it..and then I could work through the panic attack and realise if wetting myself is or isn't something to worry about and if it is I wouldn't be embarassed cause nobody would know but myself.
Please don't laugh but please do reply with some help because I really want to get my life back on track..I'm only 15 and I've had this over 2 years already =(.

andrea thompson
19-04-10, 01:30
hiya hon

try not to worry. i have been agorophobic in the past - basically i had a horrid fear of passing out - sooooo scared would pass out wouldnt leave the house. weird!!!! i have rad on here somewhere that if you didnt pass out the first time you had a panic attack it will probably never happen so i keep reminding myslf of this... so i am thinking that if you didnt wet yourself when you first had a panic attack then it certainly wont happen if you panic in future. i think with anxiety we are alwys worrying about something - like passing out or wetting ourselves. go see a dr if you havent already and try really hard to think positive... try to over come these fears.. keep reminding yourself that this is anxiety and it will pass.. dont let this thing take over your life. rally i suppose passig out in public woulkd be better than going through all this anxiety - i hink i would rather pass out than sit in worrying about all this..

you are going to be fine... you will get through this!!!!

do you go out at all? set yourself a task to go somewhere. down the road or the corner shop - anywhere that is a small challenge... then when you get home write down how you fealt - did you do it, yes. did you complete the task? did you wet yourself , no. do that every day for a week - then set yourself another challenge. go a little further - take a little longer. when you feel low or tested you can refer back to your achievements... you may have done all this already - but keep trying. dont let anxiety win...

you are going to be fine. you will get loads of help on here!

take care

andrea x x

my advice would be

AgoraphobicTeen
19-04-10, 01:56
Thank you for that reply.
I do go to school, and town, and to certain friends houses who know about my situation.
But I want to be able to go and see all my friends and be outside with them without going to the toilet every 20 minutes. I'm fine when I'm stood like a 2 min walk from a loo but as soon as I go any thurther it kinda begins to set in.

charlie20
20-04-10, 21:00
Hey,

Im the same as the girl above with fainting....but needing the loo is also a big thing...im petrified when im in seminars and things that I will need to loo....and being in town...I totally understand...
Something to remember is that anxiety itself makes you feel like u need to loo...its a fight or flight thing and so your body wants to make itself to get as light as possible to run away fast!
I would agree with what the person above said....take things slowly and go easy on yourself....but dont avoid situations if u can help it...this just makes things worse in your head and so you feel more anxious when u do have to do it....
Good luck....no one is going to laugh at you....I feel like i am totally nuts because i am so petrified of fainting....but next time u are out have a look around at the ppl near you...chances are one or two of them is feeling as bad as you..You are not alone :)