PDA

View Full Version : Neck, throat and Ear pain very scared

j2
19-04-10, 03:05
For weeks I have had a pain in throat that also hurts my ear. I can push on the front of my throat and feel it in my ear. I am also having clear fluid coming out of my ear. I am a tobacco user and freaking out that it may be a tumor that is causing this. The pain is not constant but around most of the time. Right now I am in total freak out mode so I am having trouble swallowing and this is making me fear a tumor even more. Has anyone had something like this? Please tell me you have and it all worked out. The duration is what is really scaring me. I think I have had something like this before but I am not thinking straight right now.

countrygirl
19-04-10, 09:31
Not trying to worry you here but if there is really fluid coming out of your ear then its best to get it checked by your Dr as if you have a perforated ear drum then fluid can get out but then again an infection of your outer ear canal can give you a discharge but would expect it to be nasty if there was infection.

We are not doctors and as you have something physical as in the leaking fluid then you have to get it checked out by a proper Dr. There are hundreds of explanations that are not cancer so why don't you put your mind at rest by seeing your GP/ Good luck

shotokansho
19-04-10, 09:41
Yes I agree. Best go see your GP. I suffer with ear problems quite a lot, if you have pain and leaking fluid it sounds like it could be an ear infection. As mentioned though I aint a doc either so best make that appointment. And don't forget the ear and throat canal is connected so maybe that could be the cause of your throat.

Kez x

cherrychick
19-04-10, 09:46
Go see your GP - it sounds like you may have an acute ear infection (doesn't have to have discharge)

If you feel like your ear is full or your hearing has changed or you have tinnitus (ringing or sounds in your ears) - mention this to your GP also.

Usually it's fine and resolves itself - like most minor colds/viruses.

but it's best to speak to your GP if it concerns you.:)

j2
19-04-10, 16:42
Well I guess it sounds like I need a doctor. I am now really freaking out b/c all of my symptoms are those of a tumor in the throat. I know this is worst case scenario but I can't help but think this way. I hope and pray I am wrong but the panic is through the roof.

countrygirl
19-04-10, 21:11
When you go to your Dr expalin your fears as no Dr is a mind reader- he may be sure you just have an ear infection but if you explain what you are frightened of he can either explain why he thinks you are wrong or send you to ent for tests to put your mind at rest. This was best advice my GP ever gave me to tell me she was not a mind reader and to tell her what my fear was even if I felt stupid saying it.

suzy-sue
19-04-10, 21:28
A bad infection will feel like this, and last until its treated with Antibiotics ..Thats why its lasted so long .Pop and see your Dr tommorow ,it will give you peace of mind ...All the Best Sue :hugs: