PDA

View Full Version : Todays outing!

eeyorelover
19-04-10, 05:02
I have a few stores that I just love to go into because the associates are so sweet and not the fake syrupy sweet but genuinely good hearted people.
I go into Alco about once a week since it opened 4 years ago. All the associates know me and always say hi and ask about the grandbabies.
I still have issues sometimes where I shake and I stutter when talking to new people sometimes.
I'm looking at jeans with my daughter and there are two sales ladies in the next isle.
Megan goes in to try the jeans on and I'm looking around and hear them talking...
"Yeah she is so sweet! She's in here almost every week. She's a regular and you are really going to like her! She makes us all laugh.

My inner monologue starts...
Are they talking about me??

"She has the cutest little red headed Grandson."

OMG
They ARE talking about me!!!

"Yeah well I think that she must have MS or something that has just started cuz she is really shaky and sometimes she stutters when she talks............"

MS????
Is it really that noticeable that I shake a little and stutter...
God I must look like an idiot....

"Poor thing. I hope they can help her cuz she is just so sweet"

The whole rest of the shopping trip I'm mulling over it...

By the time I got home I had convinced myself that I should look into MS!!
WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???!

So I come home and go into the bedroom cuz by now I'm hysterical!

Not only have I convinced myself that I might actually have MS because of course the saleladies at Alco's are so medically knowledgeable that they diagnosed me whilst I was shopping BUT I have convinced myself that everyone in the free world can TELL just by sight that there is something REALLY wrong with me!!!

So now my SA and my HA are sky high, I'm pi$$ing out my eyes and snotting all over and my husband is trying to calm me down with the ever so supportive, "You're over reacting!"

OH GREAT!!!
So now I'm feeling guilty for over reacting on top of debating over whether I should EVER leave the house again!

Then my daughter comes in to the bedroom and sits on the bed.
She lies next to me for a while and gets her head right next to mine and whispers, "Mom remember what you told me when I would come crying about how this person or that said something that hurt my feelings?"

No I really don't remember anything cept the ladies who think I'm on deaths door and are just waiting to send a spray of Get Well Soon flowers to the house!!!!!!!

"You told me that you have no control over the way you are perceived! People are going to think what they are going to think and if you live your life worrying about what others think of you, you not only make yourself miserable but you mock God because you are made in His image and you are perfect in His eyes"

Well THAT ended my one woman pity party!

I may be an emotional, shaky, stuttering mess but I raised a damn fine daughter who is smart, funny, and can always make me feel better!
If that is all I ever contribute to the world, I am SO satisfied with that!

Just thought I'd share that :)
xxx
Sandy

Ronny
19-04-10, 07:02
Oh Sandy,You made me cry,I have been in the same situation as you.I'm sending you big Hugs,from down on Green Acres :bighug1:Be gentle on yourself.
Luv Rhonda:flowers:

diane07
19-04-10, 07:28
Aww sandy,

You poor thing! I used to shake alot and get so nervous when i was speaking to people, then the blushing would start...................great!

So i know how you must have felt.

However, your daughter is soooooooooo right, and the thing that i thought was so so sweet is this..........

These women talked about how lovely you were, how beautiful your grandchildren are and how sorry they felt for you as they worry as to what you suffer with!!!!!

I went to a salon to have a spray tan done last year as i was going to the races, and as the woman was spraying me she noticed how bad i was shaking, she said to me, "you poor thing" you're so cold, so i smiled at her and said, "i'm not cold i'm agoraphobic and get nervous about coming into new places"

she then told me about how she had suffered with panic attacks for the last ten years and i handed her an NMP card.

I haven't got nervous or ever trembled there again.

You know you don't have MS hun, they can only assume as they are not privvy, but try to think about the lovely things they said about you.

di xx

Ronny
19-04-10, 22:30
Hi Sandy........How are you today,hope all is well.I just wanted to bring your post forward,so more people can see it.I am going out today with my sister and her grankids,the first time.They are up from Sydney for a holiday and I am already to scream.I think I am too old for all the noise.
Take Care
Luv Rhonda x:flowers:

eeyorelover
20-04-10, 02:59
Thanks you two!!
I'm not doing so well today, partly cuz this upper respiratory thing has somehow made my anxiety sky high and also cuz I have to go to the college to meet with my daughter's advisor tomorrow and after what happened I'm not sure I'm up for it yet!
But it's a 'have to' situation so I will make it thru ;)
Thanks again for the support!
(((HUGS)))
xxx
Sandy

diane07
20-04-10, 07:24
I hope all goes well at the college Sandy,

sending you a huge :hugs:

di xx