PDA

View Full Version : can i come in?

beverleyjac
22-01-06, 14:49
Hello, I'm Bev. Just been trying to find myself a friendly forum where people might not think I'm nuts.
Um, basically I have always been panicy. I suffered a bunch of panic attacks mid teens then Dr's found I had a medical condition...which made me feel so much better as I wasn't going nuts, I got treatment and I had about 6/7 happy years. About 2 years ago they all kicked off again and I was desperate to find something wrong. There isn't...which is OBVIOUSLY good news but doesn't stop me from freaking out.
The last few weeks, the PA's have really stunted me going out, so I'm worried I'm becoming agrophobic, I don't want to. I'm so scared as I love going out but I'm scared too so I get depressed....got myself a nice little viscious circle.
I never used to be like this and would love my life back.
So that's me.
I'm 24, from London UK and a veterinary nurse.
Any friendly faces guaranteed an e-hug.

Chin up...unless like me that makes you dizzy.

Karen
22-01-06, 15:11
Hi Bev

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly bunch here!

There is no chance you are 'going nuts' although most of us have had thoughts like that at some point.

Have a read of the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) information.

What help have you had so far. Some CBT solution-focused therapy would be helpful.

Keep going out for short periods each day if you can. Avoiding this and staying home is what can lead to agoraphobia. Even a walk for a few minutes to a distance you feel comfortable with is a good start and you can gradually build on this.

Hope you'll find it helpful being here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sueiamnew
22-01-06, 15:23
Hi Bev, welcome to the site.

jackie
22-01-06, 15:35
HI BEVERLY. IM RELATIVELY NEW TO THE SITE TOO. WHATEVER YOU NEED BE IT ADVICE OR A SHOULDER TO LEAN ON YOU WILL FIND IT HERE.

YOURE NOT GOING NUTS . MOST IMPORTANTLY YOURE NOT ALONE . WE ALL DESCRIBE THIS THING AS A DIZZY VICIOUS CIRCLE. IF YOU READ THERE ARE MANY BOOKS ON PANIC ATTACKS. ONE WHICH HELPS THE FEAR OF LEAVING HOME FOR R FEAR OF HAVIN AN ATTACK IN THE STREET IS CLAIRE WEEKES SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES.

ALL THE BEST JACKIE

Piglet
22-01-06, 15:59
Avery big welcome to the site to you:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sophc
22-01-06, 16:34
hi im new too, welcome, people are great here already,

soph x

sophie.c.

trac67
22-01-06, 17:09
Hi Beverley,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac Xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

clickaway
22-01-06, 17:17
Hi Bev,

Of course you can come in :D

My advice to you is to go out each and every day, even if it is not very far.

Once you stay in for one or two days, it can quickly become a monumental struggle to go out again.

I'm unsure of your situation (e.g., work, uni, family etc.), but I try to plan my week so I always have a reason to go out, even on damp dreary days. So, if you have a non-urgent letter to post, do it on a different day from the shopping.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

chucklehound
22-01-06, 17:32
Hi Bev and welcome to NMP :D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

jill
22-01-06, 18:26
Hi Bev :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

hunny_as
23-01-06, 15:14
hello and welcome

amanda x

dream
23-01-06, 16:07
hi bev
welcome to this great site
take care denise xxx

denise

Meg
23-01-06, 16:59
Hello Bev.

What medical condition did you get diagnosed with last time ?

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
23-01-06, 18:30
Hi Bev

A warm welcome aboard and you will meet some lovely people here and get loads of support.

Nicola

alexis
23-01-06, 20:19
Hi Bev and welcome to the site, I hope youa re finding your way around OK and lots of useful advice, take care.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx