PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Advice Help

Lisa w
19-04-10, 12:13
Hi there all,

I have only just joined this site as a member although i have been visiting and reaeding the posts for over a year.

I dont know really where to start so maybe a brief overview of my 'issues' will do for now.

Im a mum off 2 and there lie's my initial trigger to Health Anxiety. I had my first child, my son, 12 years ago when i was 21. The day after he was born i was in the loo and was overcome with a very strange feeling. I went icy cold, ears ringing, sweaty hands, nearly fainted, dizziness - In hindsight it was my first panic attack. I believe it was due to the fact it had just dawned on me that i now had another person totally reliant on me that i needed to keep alive safe and well also i couldnt bear the thought of anything happening to me and not seeing him grow up and not have a mother. WOW - from that day on my HA kicked in i am now VERY obsessed with illness. The rest is a very long story but is very similar to most people with this horrible affliction. I have good days and bad days.

I am currently taking Seroxat 20mg which has saved me again from myself really.

At the moment i am suffering with buzzing/fizzing/vibrating throughout my legs. Legs ache arms feel weak, have convinced myself i now have the beginnings of MS.

I suppose what i need to know is that even though i am on the 'Happy Pills' is it possible for the HA to still creep in and manifest as buzzing aching etc or am i right for worrying about MS.

Thankyou for anyhelp you can give

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

gypsywomen
19-04-10, 12:20
no you havent got ms ,,all these are symtoms of anxiety i am afraid not nice i have had them ,,

Mogwog
19-04-10, 12:23
Hi Lisa

Welcome. Your story is similar to mine. My HA started when my son was born 5 yrs ago as he was born with many special needs. Since then I have been a nightmare. I am currently gong through thinking I have Breast cancer as I have a thickening in breast so have been referred to breast clinic - I am so scared! I find it difficult to be with my son at the moment as when I look at him I just see him growing up without his mummy :( I am wasting his younger years worrying about things.

I don't really have any advice as I can't even help myself but you will get lots of support on here - coming on here always makes me feel abit better.

Take care lovely.

L.xxx

blondie47
19-04-10, 15:31
I'm in the same boat. 2 kids, age 15 and 11, totally reliant on me because their father is a piece of crap who was in and out of their lives until I finally made put an end to it and sued him for full custody.

As they get older, I get slightly more relieved. I make deals with God all the time that if just allows my kids to grow up then he can take me anytime after that.

In times of clarity, I see how ridiculous it is. But when I'm in that dark place (today, for example) its a deal I've made over and over again.

StressedRunner
20-04-10, 15:50
Hiya,

I have suffered since January when I had a scare with a breast lump. Since then I have had various things and although my GP's (who are fab, I know I am lucky) have been great and I have started counselling I am still a mess of worries about my health.

All I would say is I really doubt you have MS - I too have had the numbness/tingling etc and have had my reflexes and nerve endings checked several times (all fine). It has largely gone for me now, but I do sympathise - I am ruining my time with my gorgeous little son worrying about him being left motherless (and I am lucky in that I have a fantastic husband who is a great Dad).

I absolutely hate the internet - I seek reassurance and just get more worried!

Take care, Nat