PDA

View Full Version : New to site

cbear
19-04-10, 12:41
Hello everyone. My name is Claire and I am 26. Since my early teens I have suffered anxiety disorders. I have been diagnosed with Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) but over the past year I have suffered with Health anxiety.

I 'diagnose' myself with different conditions daily, switching between different things such as cancers, arthritis, motor neuron disease, dental problems etc.

Some worries can come and go, others stay for weeks.

Lately I have been having muscles twitches and aches and pains. I went to my GP and she tested my reflexes and then said I am showing some signs of a motor neuron disease. I have been completely panicked by this. This was a GP I had never seen before.

I then went to see another GP in the practice (i often also find myself visiting the Gp many times a week for reassurance on illnesses) who said no its anxiety, I am a anxious person so my reflexes will be quick and mucles tremors normal in anxiety.

Myself now am worried constantly, I thin which one do i believe. I then worry all the time that any medical thing wrong with me is being passed off as anxiety and medical things are being missed.

My life is being completely overun with these Health anxiety's at the moment and is is becoming very upsetting.

Does anyone else suffer with these things, such a self diagnosis and trips to Gp and worry about things such as motor neuron or cancers?

Any advice would be great

Thank you

bottleblond
19-04-10, 12:52
Hi cbear

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You will get so much advice and support here.

Nice to meet you

Lisa
xx

j2
19-04-10, 16:45
I have had the twictches, tremors, pain and aches for many years. The doctor that told you MND even after he know you have anxiety should not be allowed to see patients! On this site you will find hundreds of people that get twitches and aches all over their bodies and have had this for years. You are among friends here and we will never judge. Post as often as you need. Good luck

Vanilla Sky
19-04-10, 21:14
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

cbear
22-04-10, 10:57
Thank you very much for the welcome. I have since changed GP surgeries and the one I have joined now are much more understanding of the anxiety issues I have, yet at the same time not just dismissing my health worries.