PDA

View Full Version : YOGA

Laurie28
16-02-04, 14:17
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow i start YOGA. Does anyone else go? and do you find it good?

If nothing else I might be able to learn to touch my toes!!

Lucky

Samantha
16-02-04, 20:01
Hi Lucky, i dont go myself, but my maths teacher does and she finds it totally relaxing shes goes on thursdays and comes in on fridays feeling totally relaxed . Goodluck with it, let us know how you get on

Sam

Positive thinking is the key to success!

nomorepanic
16-02-04, 21:50
Lucky

I know that Meg goes - look at this post .... [Link removed as post deleted]

I have never tried it myself but I have so many other things on that I don't get time.

Nicola

Buby
17-02-04, 02:59
hi lucky,

i bought 'geri yoga' the other day and ive done it twice but i found it quite difficult, but thats probably cos im a beginner. Once u get used to it ull be fine, i havent been to that relaxation bit yet but i dont no if thats just me or i dont doo enough of it. But apparently it is really gd so stick with it k?

Hugs Rachel xx wiv a new found love awww xxxx

Rennie1989
17-02-04, 07:50
coz of my back prob (curved spine) im not allowed to do yoga, says my consultant, but i really want to do it.

tell us how it goes lucky

jade

turn that frown
upside down

Meg
17-02-04, 22:18
Hi Lucky,

I went very regularly for over a year and it did do me lots of good. I'm being very lazy now and not been for a couple of months at all. Too cold in the village hall !!

Take a blanket and enjoy.

I'm pretty supple anyway and was always in trouble for not doing it right , being too fast and too interested in the others . I will go back to it if I feel the need or when it gets a bit warmer.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
18-02-04, 09:31
Hiya Guys,

I never made it last night as had to go food shopping and never got back in time!!

I will go next week though - just out of interest Meg they gave me a chice of fitness Yoga or the other kind - what did you do - I have chosen the other kind as am interested in the relaxation/meditation side.

Love
lucky

(PSi am soo steckie I can't even touch my toes!)

Meg
18-02-04, 17:59
Oh definately the relaxation kind .

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
03-03-04, 09:16
Well..

I went to YOGA last night and it was fine. very relaxing but am sore this morning!!

Is that normal I am not in agaony but just a wee bit sore

Lucky

Meg
03-03-04, 13:53
Oh yes, stretching sore. Found muscles you didn't know you had did you ??

It gets better with practice as you increase your flexibility

Glad you found it beneficial. Did you do lying down with meditation at the end ?

Meg

Laurie28
03-03-04, 14:14
Hiya Meg,

We done lying down at the beginning and done our breathing exercises (took 15mins or so and i nearly fell asleep)

We done an hours stretching (yes I have found many a muscle i never knew I had!!)

And then about 15 mins meditation which was very relaxing (almost hypnotic)

My problem was I wore shorts and a top (forgot my blanket) and a pair of thin sports socks and I was freezing!!

Next time I will wear proper bottoms and take a blanket and an extra pair of socks for the meditation!!

I really relaxed and between that and a nice hot bath in a candle filled room when I got home, I was like a new woman and slept like a baby!!!

I'm going again next week - Do you practise the stretches on a daily basis Meg?

Thanks
Lucky

Meg
03-03-04, 22:57
Do I ****** ?
I should I know and have the excellent CD's from my teacher which puts me out like a light but I haven't got round to it for ages.

I should go again but haven't forced myself to in the cold weather. Draughty village hall.

..and I reminded you about a blanket. Some actually take Duvets as Ruth is big on relaxation. I think several of us are just waiting for the 'lets lie down' phrase .

Meg