PDA

View Full Version : when will it start to help me

Loraine
20-04-10, 10:27
Started sertraline 7 days ago first 4 days horrendous side effects, they have now passed but 4am this morning woke up feeling very anxious and panicky and dont feel to good this morning, is this normal and will it get better, yesterday i felt better than i do today, is this normal if anybody out there can put me at ease i would be grateful xxx:weep:

sue.b
20-04-10, 14:27
Hi Lorraine

I would say this is normal, when I started sertraline I had lots of side effects which all died down after a couple of weeks, and when I had to increase the dose the side effects lasted a couple of weeks again.

With regards to how quickly you will feel better, I think varies from person to person, if you look at other posts on here you will see how ad's work for other people. It took around 4 weeks for any real improvement and for it was 3 months before I felt I had the full benefit, although I was feeling much better along the way better.

I think it is all about the right dose of ad's for the right length of time for each individual. Hang in there, easy said I know, but you will get to the end of the tunnel I promise.

Take care

Sue :hugs:

Loraine
20-04-10, 16:52
Hi Sue.B, thanks for your reply, I feel a bit more at ease now, Thanks:yesyes:

And1404
26-04-10, 20:48
Hi There I have been on sertraline for about 3 months, felt edgy and anxious first week but my mood changed within 24 hours, I now feel great and am going to keep taking these as long as the doctor will let me. I have tried many ad's before but not really persevered with them. Hang on in there, you will feel better soon xx

Maj
26-04-10, 20:55
I took sertraline a few years ago and can honestly say that I had few side effects (but then I probably felt awful anyway). At the end of the second week I started feeling so much better and they were wonderful for me. I'll never forget how much better they made me feel. I took them for 6 months and had no problem coming off them. I had a good experience and I hope you are the same.
Myra x:hugs:

jackie26
26-04-10, 21:05
hi, i have also been on these meds around 4-5 months now and i have to say they have helped me a great deal. i would say i am around 95% back to my normal self. i did have side effects of increased anxiety, extreme tiredness and foggy head when i started and when i increased from 50 to 100mg but the symptoms settled after a couple of weeks each time. i have now managed to get back to work albeit on a phased return just doing part time hours but i am back there which is where i had most of my panic and anxiety attacks. i do have the occasional wobble but i am able to stop the panic attack before it gets full blown and 5 months ago there was no way on earth i could have done that before the meds, i would panic about something and it would last for days. i have seen gp today cos i needed some more meds and had not seen him for a few weeks he has told me i need to stay on for at least 8 months feeling well but can either increase or decrease dose as needed and i am happy with that as they are helping me feel well. i would say stick with it if you can, the side effects should pass and it does get better, they have certainly helped me to feel more my normal self. good luck and i hope things start to improve for you soon. jackie:hugs:

jackie26
26-04-10, 21:07
Hi There I have been on sertraline for about 3 months, felt edgy and anxious first week but my mood changed within 24 hours, I now feel great and am going to keep taking these as long as the doctor will let me. I have tried many ad's before but not really persevered with them. Hang on in there, you will feel better soon xx

hi glad to hear you are feeling better and i totally agree wtih what you have said. i think we started these meds around the same timex