PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of reassurance today

ladymama
20-04-10, 13:59
I have health anxiety, it only started last year, it's awful I constantly feel like I have a blood clot either in my calf or lung. At the moment I have a pain in what feels to me like the bottom of my right lung, I know this is my anxiety but I can't help but think what if it is different this time, I keep checking that I can breath which obviously isn't helping, most of the time I can pretty much rationalise my situation before it spirals out of control but I can't seem to do this today, Help:wacko:

sue.b
20-04-10, 14:49
Hi Ladymama

Sorry you are struggling a bit today. I don't actually suffer with HA but recently a routine check up showed an abnormal ecg result, I have never had any symptoms of heart problems, that was until I got the results then I had chest, upper back, jaw and arm pains, convinced myself that I was breathless.....and was certain that I was going to have a heart attack.:scared15:

An agonising week later I saw the cardiologist who reassured me that this is probably nothing, I have had 2 other types of tests and so far so good. One more to go, but all the symptoms went as soon as I saw the cardiologist and haven't come back!!! :blush:

As you so rightly said in your post "I know this is my anxiety" :whistles:

Just goes to show anxiety really can bring on all types of symtoms.

Hope this helps you to feel a bit less worried.

Take care

Sue :hugs:

ladymama
21-04-10, 10:50
Thank you Sue for message, as you can tell I am still here so my fears were unfounded yet again, feeling bit better today if a little foolish, just wish my thoughts would catch up with my brain. Thanks again L