PDA

View Full Version : New here..want to enjoy life again

JoniEdwards
20-04-10, 20:01
Hi everyone,
Glad I found this site. I'm 29 soon, I've had anxiety and panic attacks off and on since I was 6. Recently about a week ago it has gotten unbearable. I've not eaten much and have a lump in my throat and tightness radiating down into my chest I'm constently gagging even thinking of food. I've been to the doctor and had blood work done everything checks out normal. I'm terrified and can't sleep at night thinking someone has missed something or I'm going to die.

I've never had an attack for this long, its been 7 days now since I've felt normal. The loss of appetite scares me the most, as I've looked on google and thats the first sign of cancer. My doctor has reassured me I am healthy, but I've convinced myself I have it. I'm at the end of my rope here and feel like I will never get better.

I'm driving my husband and my mom and dad nuts, trying to get them to take me to the hospital and Doc and asking them if I'm really ok.

Hope something here helps me.

Joni

nomorepanic
20-04-10, 20:02
Hi JoniEdwards

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

oneofus
20-04-10, 20:12
Hi Joni,

Welcome on board, as the saying goes the rest of your life starts now. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people with similar concerns to you, and that's the start of enjoying life again; finding out you're not alone. No-one will mind whatever you post, though I don't accept online offers of marriage!

I'm no doctor but I do know it's highly unlikely that you have any form of cancer. When I've discussed such with a doctor the advice is that they'd expect to see multiple symptoms of a major nature such as rapid weight loss (such would be my luck :-) and cancer doesn't set in in seven days. And above all don't trust Dr Google, unless you have a PhD in a biological science and care to read endless detailed papers on Medline.

one of us BSc MSc PhD

(Computing Science ..... sorry)

JoniEdwards
20-04-10, 20:38
It seems so ridiculous to me aswell, thinking i have cancer. But this lump in my throat and loss of appetite are scaring me to death. I've never had an anxiety attack for 7 days straight. I feel like I'm going nuts or soemthing.

Vanilla Sky
20-04-10, 20:52
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x