PDA

View Full Version : doctors

wotcanisay
20-04-10, 20:35
just wondering, what the most you visted the doctor's in a week? with health anxiety

mines 3

countrygirl
20-04-10, 21:08
I remember years ago my GP said that I had visited 53 times in a year, as there are only 52 weeks in a year I must hve visited more than once a week - did say that some weeks I had visited twice.

I rarely go more than a month between Dr visits becasue of my health anxiety.

skippy66
20-04-10, 21:17
I hope you pay your fair share of tax!!!

countrygirl
20-04-10, 22:09
Oh skippy I hope you didn't mean that post like it sounds - I am sure we would all rather not visit the Dr as often as we do.

Personally if my GP doesn't think I need a medical test but I feel I need it for my peace of mind then I always pay for the test even at times where I have had to borrow the money to stop me feeling guilty about wasting others money.

agnes
20-04-10, 22:23
Anxiety and panic often require frequent visits to the GP and are as valid a reason as any other illness. Please don't think you are wasting other people's money, Countrygirl.

wotcanisay
21-04-10, 00:03
just wanted to know i was not alone lol

i always feel bad after the doctor tell me nothing wrong i cant stop saying sorry lol

blondie47
21-04-10, 01:15
I'm the opposite, I almost never go to the doctor. It takes me months of worrying before I get up the nerve to go. I just went recently and had a CT scan of my abdomen (all clear thank God!) - that was enough for me for at least another year or so. I doubt I could pull together my nerves to go again anytime soon.

SleeplessFog
21-04-10, 01:50
I go to the doctor only when I feel sick or whatever I am doing at home to get better just isn't working. I don't go to the ER anymore because the cost of paying before I go is too much. I used to go as a last resort when I was really bad.

I see my CBT doctor every other week.

Zee
21-04-10, 10:50
I saw the doc recently, first time in 10 years..I just cant stand going to docs .

louise123_uk
21-04-10, 10:57
I have quite bad health anxiety, always seem to find some new lump or bump or see a programme that sets me off attributing some serious condition to an innocent enough symptom!

I just cant usually bring myself to see doc though, I sit and panic and can mpostly get over it in a few days. Ive been once this year to the docs in Jan and am going again today. Before the time in January I hadnt been since I was about 11, so hadnt been for 16 years due to medical phobia. Its just im starting to force myself to go if im panicy about something for a while (though I shake like a leaf when get anywhere near the surgery!).

In Jan when I went I did have a big list of worries though not just one, and today I want to ask about several completely different things, so the doc did look at me a bit strangely in Jan! Am hoping dont get looked at strangely today!

I apologise like mad too, saying sorry I know this might sound crazy of like im time watsing but Im not, but I always land up apologising when I shouldnt, you're entitled to see a doctor so dont feel bad x