PDA

View Full Version : been off steraline 9 days now and feeling awful

mandie
20-04-10, 22:50
Hi

I have been reducing my sertraline since feb. i did it slowly and came down from 50mg to 25mg. I got down to 25mg every 4 days and then 9 days ago took my last one.

Today i have been panicky and on edge. I been having horrid head rushes and in the supermarket this evening got so panicky and lite headed and hyperventilated.

Do you think this is just side effects of being off the meds?

I havent felt this bad for ages and i feel like i wont be able to cope without meds, even i thought they wasnt doing much for me.

feel really anxious and teary :weep:

mandie x

nomorepanic
20-04-10, 23:46
That still sounds like coming off too quick for me. The reduction should be very very slowly over months.

Yes you are experiencing withdrawal and you have to decide to stick it out or go back on them but personally I would stick with it for now and ride out the side effects.

You do need to be doing other therapies though to help the panic/anxiety now you are not on medication

Baggs
21-04-10, 07:53
From my own experience, meds can affect me for up to 3 months after I stop taking them. All the best. Baggs.

mandie
22-04-10, 21:57
thanks nic

i went for my monthly appt yesterday with a physciatirst and she said its not withdrawal effects im feeling just anxiety coz i came off the meds. She wants me to take a different tablet coz the ones i came off didnt seem to be working. I thought i did it slowly but maybe if it was done slower i wouldnt be feeling like this.

Baggs - thank u for your reply

mandie x