PDA

View Full Version : One for the blokes

RichW
20-04-10, 22:55
Hi Guys

I've been on Citalopram for just on 7 weeks now and find that I'm waking up every night with a raging erection and needing to pee desperately - this has been disturbing my sleep pattern somewhat. Sorry for the overshare, just wondering if anybody else had experienced something similar? I have also not experienced any sexual dysfuntion, so that's a plus. If anything my libido has been boosted!

Cheers

Rich

NoPoet
20-04-10, 23:00
I noticed a need to urinate much more often in the first couple of weeks, and when my sex drive returned it took some getting used to. These are all usual side effects; it's more common for the sex drive to be suppressed.

RichW
20-04-10, 23:04
Thanks Psycho for your reply.

I'm still trying to get used to waking up feeling wierd in a slightly different way than the day before. Considering upping my dose if I'm not feeling the love after 8 weeks.

Cheers

Rich

oneofus
24-04-10, 21:16
Lucky you :mad: mind you Cit erections have been known to last eight hours.

maxine
25-04-10, 12:40
I have no idea if that's normal or not as i'm a girl so it's not a problem for me .. the only reason I felt the need to reply to this was purely to say I'm sure the lady in your life will not be complaining lol :blush:

martbarr
25-04-10, 14:20
I have no idea if that's normal or not as i'm a girl so it's not a problem for me .. the only reason I felt the need to reply to this was purely to say I'm sure the lady in your life will not be complaining lol :blush:

.... she will if it keeps shoving her out of bed in the mornings LOL

jaded jean
25-04-10, 15:50
:D made me chuckle
Jaded Jean

RichW
26-04-10, 06:10

Unfortunately she's been on AD's and has gone the other way - I am Jack's surging testosterone :mad:

maxine
26-04-10, 14:33
Unfortunately she's been on AD's and has gone the other way - I am Jack's surging testosterone :mad:

Oh bugger... not so good then :wacko: I'm sure things well erm.. settle down.. in the meantime don't stay over at your in laws house, you might scare her :winks::D

martbarr
26-04-10, 15:31
Rich hope you can keep this up - there may be a world record about to be shattered...

oneofus
26-04-10, 18:45
Rich hope you can keep this up - there may be a world record about to be shattered...

Aye! That may be so, but can he do a CD as well.:)

martin222
31-05-13, 19:28
Hi Guys

I've been on Citalopram for just on 7 weeks now and find that I'm waking up every night with a raging erection and needing to pee desperately - this has been disturbing my sleep pattern somewhat. Sorry for the overshare, just wondering if anybody else had experienced something similar? I have also not experienced any sexual dysfuntion, so that's a plus. If anything my libido has been boosted!

Cheers

Rich

your lucky ive been on cit 2 weeks, and had a hard on for a week, im having all kinds of side effects

keithwms
01-06-13, 03:34
I didn't have much of that, Martin,but I did have quite some friskiness there for a while. It died down and now I think my drive is leveled off or perhaps lower than before.