PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, first 20 days on citalopram...

Noel E.
21-04-10, 01:34
Hi everyone

I'd like to introduce myself. I have never used a forum like this one before, so I apologize in advance if I make some newbie mistakes. I am a 23 year old male with what appears to be GAD and low grade depression. I've never had a full blown panic attack, but in a scale of 1-10, I'm at a 3 ALL DAY, with peaks to 6,7 and sometimes even 8. I have been on medication for the first time ever for the last 20 days, Citalopram 20mg. So far I really dont like it, but I'll talk about that on another thread.

I have read a few threads and I think that this will be a nice forum to help other people and come for help myself.

So anyway, I hope to get a lot out of this forum. Thanks!

diane07
21-04-10, 01:36
Hi Noel E.

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Noel E.
21-04-10, 06:23
Thanks for your welcome Diane. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

RichW
21-04-10, 07:10
Hi Noel

Welcome to NMP. It's a great place to come to for support and advice. Hope you're okay and that the Citalopram isn't getting the better of you. I'm 7 weeks in, so can relate to some of what you're experiencing.

Hope to see you around.

Cheers

Rich

:welcome:

Jannie2948
21-04-10, 07:57
Hello Noel

You will get so much help from this forum, been a member now for a few months and I have found it so helpful to me. Read the Citalopram survival guide, I found it brilliant when I first joined. I too am on Citalopram 5 months plus now, started on 20mg then increased to 40mg and I feel so much better from my anxiety/panic.

I wish you all the very best.

Jannie x x

Vanilla Sky
21-04-10, 13:45
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x