PDA

View Full Version : Angry about being anxious?

Dazza
21-04-10, 14:41
Do you ever get angry at yourself for being anxious?

I do - it frustates the hell out of me, that everytime I get strange feelings in my body, that I automatically think that it's something life-threatening and go into panic mode! On a good day, I probably think about heart attacks 3 times a day, on a bad day I think about them 20-30 times or more.

I'm a 37 yo male, have a good job as a teacher here in Asia, and according to all the medical tests I've had thus far (ECG, 24hr ECG, CT, MRI, blood tests) have come back normal!

I feel like there are two parts of my mind in constant conflict: 1) wants to believe that I am healthy 2) wants to tell me that there is something fatally wrong with me, and that the end is near!!!!

fairyclairy
21-04-10, 16:08
Hey,

I know exactly how you feel... i get soooo angry and annoyed at myself for thinking stupid things like im going to be ill etc! It makes my panics much worse because i get that frustrated that it makes me even more anxious!!

It is soooo annoying, and id give anything to feel 'normal' and not think im going to be ill every second of the day..

I think we have to accept we have this, then maybe we can start to move on with our lives, xx

matthew
21-04-10, 19:30
I know exactly what you mean. I have been experiencing chest uncomfort and left arm uncomfort for the past 3 weeks. So today as always (6 days per week) I went to the gym and completely took it out on the tread mill and sent my heart rate through the roof. It is the only release I can think of to release all of my frustration and complete anger at this stupid, stupid anxiety problem!!!

CJA09
21-04-10, 20:28
I totally agree! I feel so annoyed and angry that I feel this way! I hate that my thoughts are consumed by this evil poison! Every little twinge I panic and send myself crazy! I wish I had normal rational thoughts! It sucks! :(

mary3
22-04-10, 11:04
Yeah me too, i get so angry that i am wasting my time and energy with health anxiety, i mean ive had it 6 years nows and im still alive so you think that would be reasurrance in itself!! I mostly get annoyed that i dont believe myself or others ie despite reasurrance that ectopics are harmless deep down i think well mine probably arnt. Ok so today my big toe hurt so my train of thought goes 'must be an infection, cant infections go into the bone?, im sure i watched a programme or heard about someone getting a simple infection and then dying?, that will happen to me, im going to die of something simple and leave my kids behind'. What makes me so angry is that i then got distracted and later on went to check my toe and the pain had gone!! What a waste of time!!! NO wonder im full of adrenalin when my mind is constantly telling my body theres danger and then this triggers the ectopics and i go full circle with the dramatic thoughts. I HATE ANXIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Typer
22-04-10, 12:37
I do get angry a lot...well not angry, more sad really that I have come to this.

The heart is my main focus

mamajane
22-04-10, 13:00
I feel your pain! I wish that this would all just go away. So many people dont understand how hard it is to live with anxiety esp health anxiety!

fairyclairy
22-04-10, 15:26
Every day I feel so angry at myself for wasting the day before... because nothing happened! I didnt die.. i didnt get ill.. but still, i wasted a day panicking!

And today is the day that il be angry about tomorrow for wasting my time and energy on this stupid anxiety! xx

Typer
22-04-10, 15:29
That is the worst bit, the wasted time. I need to laugh more I think