PDA

View Full Version : CHOICE OF FEELINGS

trevor
23-01-06, 07:23
Choice of feelings
You create your feelings and you are responsible for them. By controlling those feelings in a positive and purposeful way, you can profoundly change your life for the better.
If you blame another person for your feelings, what you're really doing is giving that person control over an important part of your life. If you avoid taking responsibility for your feelings, those feelings can quickly overwhelm you and leave you powerless.

The way you feel can affect every corner of your life. By taking positive control of your feelings, you put yourself in a powerful and influential position in your world.

Keep in mind that every feeling you experience is a feeling you have chosen. Though much of what comes your way is beyond your control, the way you feel about it all is completely up to you.

If your life seems to be stuck, that's a sure sign that you're holding on to feelings that are no longer appropriate. Know that you can let those feelings go and be gloriously free to move quickly ahead.

Feelings are powerful and can bring much richness to life, and the power they have is the power you choose to give them. Choose your feelings wisely, and life will be rich indeed.

thought i wpuld share with you this one ,,i perticulary like it,,

hope you do,,

trevor,,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

jackie
23-01-06, 08:57
totally agree with you trevor. i have long believed that my problem is wrong and negative thinking.

our thoughts are powerful and to change them into positive ones would almost surely diminish or erradicate our fears

how to break the vicious circle though that has overtaken your life for 4 years, this is something i am struggling with. one thought at a tyme i guess, no looking for quick fixes that dont exist, and changing every thought into a positive one, i think that is the key.

so far i seem to get lost a few days in and resort back to what is familiar. i hope one day to break this for good.

cheers trevor. couldnt agree with you more

jackie

pips
23-01-06, 12:18
Oh yes Trev thanks for that it's so very true. I definately agree! Great stuff.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
23-01-06, 17:40
Energy follows thought

Think sad = be sad
Think scared= be scared

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

SeeingWhatIs
21-02-06, 01:10
Right on. I agree too. Too often I indulge in painful thinking, not realizing.

How about the end of thought? That's great too. One way is through strenuous exercise. I hike mountains and cycle as hard as I can. Sometimes I'll arrive at the trailhead so out of breath that all I can think is, "Park bike. Walk briskly. Stretch leg." That's it. I become very simple intellectually and very sensitive physically. Afterwards I bask in glowing energy and awareness of my body and surroundings. (Don't do REALLY vigorous cardiovascular exercises like these with a getting a quick check with the doc first though.)
Philip

darkangel
21-02-06, 13:14
Totally agree Trevor - after years of anxiety and panic attacks which controlled my life - I realised it was in fact my thoughts and feelings that was creating the way I felt - not some horrific disease that was in my body!

A quote I read in a book was "If fear arises, don't get lost by becoming it, but simply see it as just another moment in the mind flow, another something that arose uninvited and will pass in the same manner."

We all have a choice - lets choose positive thoughts.

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Ma Larkin
21-02-06, 13:37
Hi Trevor, I totally agree. I've lost count of the many times I've had a certain feeling and blamed someone else for making me feel that way. We are all responsible for our own feelings & only we can turn our negative feelings into positive ones, even if it means turning our world upside down to do it. I've been pretty miserable at times & rightly so by the way i've been treated in the past, but even though its taken months for my feelings to change, I got there in the end. It does work.

Les

lildutt
27-02-06, 12:46
i totally agree aswell

W.I.F.T.S.
07-03-06, 11:53
I read another quote recently, on here I think, which went something like 'heaven and hell are places created in the mind'. It made me think can the world and life really be so bad when there are people who live it to the full and get so much enjoyment from it.

I've been trying to find role models recently because my version of happiness and success always used to be the sort of lives that Liam Gallagher and Kate Moss have. Drugs, Alcohol, Sex, lots of money.

I think my new role models are more like George Clooney (very dedicated to his work, seemingly very chilled out, loyal to his friends), Frank Lampard (model professional, family man, yet still ambitious) and Richard Branson (loves his work and his family, loves a challenge, does a lot for charity).

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.