PDA

View Full Version : Breathing/Globus/Jaw Pain

springblossom
21-04-10, 17:16
Hi All,

I have problems with my chest and throat.

My throat feels full and tight. My chest is tense and radiating tension to my throat and jaws which are paining me.

I am switching between hyperventilating and breathless sighs and I'm not sure it's anxiety at all. I'm just hopeless, I've tried everything; nose-breathing, breath-holding, distraction. Can anyone offer good advice? I know all the theory I just CAN'T apply it... :weep: Please help, anyone in the same boat.

SB

gypsywomen
21-04-10, 17:44
i found a good thing thats good hold one nostril and cover your mouth then take slow deep beaths throgh one nostril it does work

springblossom
21-04-10, 21:47
thanks gypsywomen it sounds like the buteyko technique - breathe less

springblossom
22-04-10, 16:12
i haven't done any yoga/meditation, i'm worried that they would focus me even more on my breathing

springblossom
24-05-10, 13:51
I've tried the exercise thing with this and still am, but the soreness in my jaws and the chest discomfort keep making me think I'm taking a heart attack.

I have constant globus and my breathing is all sighs and poor rhythm.

My anxiety is the worst it's ever been, I'm so very very unhappy...

racdun
24-05-10, 22:41
Is it an ongoing thing. I have similar for the last week, I feel like I should be getting a chest cold but apart from the soreness there is nothing else. In fact my chest was so sore last week there were times I thought it was my heart. I have a bit of a sore throat but mainly raw and sore feeling in upper chest. Doc reckons its viral, since I was washed out last week with it. There is a chest infection viral thing going around here. Would yours be similar.

springblossom
25-05-10, 13:20
Mine is more 'mechanical' rather than related to infection.

It feels like my jaws, throat and chest are constantly tense, it's awful.