PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay?

natalier
21-04-10, 18:13
I know this sounds forward but I do worry about things.

I have been with my boyfriend for just over two years, I'm almost 19 and he almost 20. I love him but I know I do not want to marry him. This is because well it just would not work. I come from a very family orientated background. I would want to go on walks, outings, play board games, think children are very important. He does not relay want children, though he would for me, he spends a lot of time on the computer, nearly all, he does not like going outside, or play board games.

I know I should not worry about marriage now, but why should I be with him if I don't want to marry him? I dunno i am just confused!

SarahG
21-04-10, 18:25
I think you are probably being incredibly sensible about this and have started to realise you want different things from life than your boyfriend. You have said you don't love him, which makes me wonder why you are still with him? However, I suppose you now have to choose whether you are happy to continue life together as you are (with little chance of a future together) because you enjoy spending time with him or do you make the break now and look for someone you really want to spend your life with, a person who wants the same things from life as you.

Of course, there is a third choice and it's probably the most sensible: spend some time being single and having fun! You are only young... take the chance to do all the things you want to do and be who you want to be. Find out who you are before you make a decision about what you want to do with the rest of your life.

natalier
21-04-10, 18:29
I mean't I don't want to marry him, I do love him. noticed that afterwards, I dunno why I wrote that! I dunno, cause I duno if to wait till we drift apart a bit. i keep thinking you can change a man but my mum keeps reminding me you can't. she thought she could with my dad and is really unhappy with him