PDA

View Full Version : Constantly ill - normal

Jules31
16-02-04, 15:21
Guys

I'm finding it really hard to be positive today. I've had another tough weekend and feel dreadful

I've had a headache of some sort all day, it started over the top and in the sides, now it's over the top of my head and in my forehead. My head feels generally very very tight and also as though there is a lot of pressure inside.

I keep going really giddy/lightheaded and getting burning/tingling in my mouth. Also at one stage the right side of my cheek and ear went numb

I've also got really severe indigestion that I have had since Saturday on and off and my stomach is a little upset.

I also keep feeling as though I might pass out and as though I'm not really here, as though I'm in a daze - derealisation you think?, never had it like this before. Had it all day yesterday too and just felt like I wasn't in this world.

Am I the only person to feel awful for months and months on end. I can honestly say that in the last two years I have only had two days where I have felt relatively ok

Have been busy at work today so hasn't helped, in fact it's been worse because whenever I have tried to talk to someone my legs have felt weak and as though I will pass out.

Won't have any time to exercise to day but will try and and relax a little

Jules

abcdd
16-02-04, 17:02
Jules

I have been feeling the same way for about 1 year now.

Every day is a struggle I wake up every morning feeling not real, I feel like my head is heavy all the time I get the numbness and the tingling too. You are not alone, I was panic free for about 5 years and then this last year it has come back harder then ever

I am struggling with you but each day I make it through and then at night I just say BRING IT ON I CAN TAKE IT I made it today I will make it tomorrow.

Good Luck

Amy

nomorepanic
16-02-04, 21:28
Jules/Amy

I can relate to how you feel cos that is how I felt all the time for many years. I have suffered for 10 years and it is only the past 2 years that I have felt any normality. Prior to that it was feeling bad all the time like you.

But I never gave - I carried on fighting back every day and I would not let it beat me. Oh yeah it took a long time to fight back because I didn't know how to. I never had much support and message forums like this to turn to. That is why I wrote the website.

We are all here to help each other and we will help you as much as we can. Unfortunately there is no miracle cure for this and it takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to get through it.

I get a lot of acid indigestion - have got it back today and it kept me awake last night so I can sympathise over that one.

You do so well to work Jules - keep it up. I never gave up work and I truely believe that if I had I would be 10 times worse now, so stick with it ok?

I hope you feel a little better tomorrow.

Nicola

ChristineUK
17-02-04, 07:15
Wow!
This post really hit a note with the way i have been feeling for over the last year.

I usually have the tension headaches myself. I go for a nice bath (with candles) and get some massge cream or oil and rub it on my pressure points at the side of my head i often put the cream on my chest and let the smell get to my nose to relax me, best to use lavender. Or failing that u could take 2 anadin extra (work a treat).

I used to get a really really sore pain on one side of my face it was like someone punched me really hard and it was my ear that was in agony it lasted about a week and i couldent sleep. Thats when i found the anadin extra!

I am actualy on incapacity benefit due to the anxiety. To be honest i am more annoyed with the everyday feelings than the panic attacks.

I always wake up, wishing that i will start to see things the way i used to before i got anxiety. It's a really strange feeling and u managed to word it really well. One minute i am busy doing something and the next minute it feels like i am dreaming.

The fact that you are working and feeling like this is amazing! I dont think i ever could and it seems like you have more off days than i do. People who work through feeling like this must have some special will power i dont.

Anyways i just wanted to pop in and say that you are not alone

Christina

ChristineUK
17-02-04, 07:16
And as Nicola said, dont give up work. I had to leave college and its got worse and things went downhill. I am in a sort of lazy routine and cant get motivated. Keep going, you can do it :-)

Jules31
17-02-04, 09:10
Thanks all of you

Christine I'm not anything special and really don't know how I'm getting through each day let alone work at the moment.

Last night I was just watching tv when all of a sudden the left side of my head started to feel sort of numb inside, like it was shutting down. I started to panic and ended up hyperventilating, then I started to get shooting pains through the left side of my head and into the centre. Can anxiety cause this. I seem to be getting this a lot lately and it really scares me. I know all about tension headaches but do these count. The left side of my head feels achey and numb at the moment again. I have to to court this morning and just know I'm going to have a panic attack or one of these attacks whatever they are whilst I'm there.

Any of you get this?

Jules

ChristineUK
17-02-04, 14:35
You are still going to work and not giving up, that makes u special.

I have not had that sort of pain before. Have u recently came of medication for the anxiety? I know a few of them have shock like sensations when u are comming off the pills. Iused to get them if i forgot to take my seroxat one day and everytime i moved my eyes i got a shock it was scary so i am not on them ones anymore. Thats all i can really think of..

It's proberly another one to add to the list of horrible things that happen when we feel like this.

Dont worry yourself too much about it. Maybe someone else will say they have had that same thing happen to them to put your mind at ease.

Cx

Jules31
17-02-04, 14:52
thanks Christine

No not coming off any meds, had this feeling on and off for the last few weeks, but not really with the shooting pains. Hope someone else has experienced this as am getting worried. Have numbness in the left side of my head right now. My headache seems to shift round my head during the course of the day

Jules

Jules31
17-02-04, 15:31
Forgot to say that occasionally I will get a numb sensation in my left leg and even more rarely in my left arm. Is this usual for anxiety too?

Jules

Meg
17-02-04, 18:20
Yes Jules, these symptoms can be caused by anxiety.
You do have an extreme form at present so it's not really usual but does happen.

I agree with you all about not totally giving up work or college but for some people the start of panic and anxiety is a form of exhaustion and you really do need to have some time out from work/studying to get yourself rested, assess whats going on with yourself and around you and start to get sorted.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jules31
18-02-04, 10:22
Thanks Meg

I can't understand why my anxiety has got so extreme over the last couple of months. I'm really trying hard to fight it but just seem to be getting nowhere. I know that it does take time but I just seem to get more and more symptoms. I'm trying to to keep running back to the dr but just hate feeling ill all of the time!!!

Jules

stimpy
18-02-04, 13:21
Not to worry guys
We are all in the same boat with the same symptoms.
I guess it is all part of the joy of panic disorder.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Meg
18-02-04, 17:35
Jules,
Are you getting so worked up about these new strange symptoms and thats doing the perpetuation.

Something strange happens - you freeze, waiting to see if you're still there and then freak about it leading to another anxiety episode and almost waiting in fear of whats next.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jules31
18-02-04, 18:31
Meg

I don't know, I don't think so. I'm trying to be rational about everything but just seem to keep getting bombarded with these feelings. I hate this. I can just be in the middle of doing something and will feel like I'm going to keel over. I stand there telling myself it's anxiety but my body just doesn't listen and the symptoms don't ease until they are ready Even just typing this I just went all giddy and like I would pass out and am burning all over. How do I break this cycle. Am I a lost cause, My head hurts so much

You know what I was like before Christmas and that was just the dizziness, faint feelings and tension headaches so where has all the new stuff come from? Can't do anything without it being there, even wakes me up in the night. It's like one long constant anxiety attack.

Thought you were on holiday Meg
Jules

sarah
18-02-04, 18:59
Hey Jules

Im gonna try and out your mind at rest a little here I hope....

Ive just been looking back thru my diary where i write what ive done and how ive been feeling each day. Since Xmas (which is when I started writing it), I have felt pretty much terrible every day.

Ive had xmas and through new year having mad fast heart beats and high anxiety and a massive panic attack on new years eve,(normal for the stressful time of year i guess), 5 days of constant nausea, 3 weeks of feeling dizzy everytime I moved my head and the last 2 weeks having missed/skipped/irregular hearbeats.
Not to mention the stiff shoulders and neck, blurry vision, headaches and all the other wonderful scarey panic symptoms.

In fact its only been the last 2 or 3 days where I have felt any kind of normal and even that isnt strictly 'normal'.

Put it this way, all the different symptoms you have been describing seem absolutely normal to me. My symptoms seem to come in cycles and very rarely do i get them at the same time, its always one to be replaced with another just to keep me on my toes.

I really do know how hard it is to stay focused and positive when you feel like this but I, like you have to keep on pushing for that normal life we all wish for. Its going to happen!!!!!

Love Sarah
xx

PENNY
18-02-04, 19:45
HI Christine, Jules, and everyone else,
Penny here, I have replyed to you Christine on the other Forum.

My Symptoms now seem to have changed too, I really get this
Head and Neck Tensions terrible now, and I too have to
be very careful how I move the Head, cannot look up to
get things out of the cuboards if it is too high.

I'm now suffering from Wax in the ears, and have been treating it
by putting olive oil in, this has loosend it,
however, it has made me very deaf, I started to Panic
because of this, I caused myself to get some Symptoms
of not focusing properly then got very Wobbley.

I should get the ears seen too , but have a Medical Phobia too.

Meg, could you suggest any thing to help ?

Lovely to meet so many nice friends here.

Best Wishes,
Penny,

PENNY,

Meg
16-03-04, 17:15
Dear Penny,
I missed this previously.

For your ears , try having a Hopi candle treatment.Gets rid of wax beautifully.

Meg