PDA

View Full Version : Blasted Obsessive thoughts

Chris2000
21-04-10, 20:55
Hi everyone, well I was put on effexor 150mg in December for anxiety/ocd maybe depression too. It took 3 months to have an effect and for the past month things were really getting better then this past week bam its all back with a vengance in particular the damn obsessive thoughts of suicide etc. Its so frustrating after a month of a clear mind feeling mainly good for this to crop up again with no real trigger! Is it normal for blips for it to even out again or have the meds pooped already. I am in therapy and am exercising and eating well!

I am not suicidal at all just the thought gets trapped in my mind and causes me great anxiety!

any advice?

DavidJ85
21-04-10, 20:57
Literally I'm exactly the same and so far the only advice I've learned is that these thoughts can't harm you. They are just part of an anxious mind and we must just remember that do subside and come back but to remain positive.

Chris2000
21-04-10, 21:09
I just cant shake it at times so hard I know your supposed to just let them go without grabbing onto the thought but thats so difficult other times I know its completely daft!

DavidJ85
21-04-10, 23:22
I am exactly the same Chris, I latch onto the unhelpful thoughts and forget the good ones I'd had moments before