PDA

View Full Version : White spot in mouth

louise0501
21-04-10, 21:15
Hi

i have a White spot In my mouth and I'm really worried it's mouth cancer. It's a little White raised spot in my mouth, it's like a small bubble. I know it's not an ulcer as it a bump and it's not painful. Could it be mouth cancer? Anything else it could be?

Please reply ASAP

love louise xxxx

nomorepanic
21-04-10, 21:18
I had a wart removed 2 weeks ago from my mouth and that was a hard lump.

smpomeroy
21-04-10, 21:26
it does sound like an ulcer or even a little burn where maybe you ate something too hot or even bit the inside of your mouth. Its not uncommon to get little blister type things in your mouth if you are a bit run down and health anxiety drags you down so its huighly likely to be that.

Humly
22-04-10, 09:14
Hi

Wow. Same here. I have been stressing over exactly the same thing myself. Its on the gum just above my front tooth and I only noticed it because I have got an "ordinary" ulcer somewhere else. I even tried sticking a pin in it to see if it was fluid and would drain away, but it didnt. Its probably nothing but my panic levels are rising by the minute.

Wolfie
22-04-10, 10:14
I suffer regularly from canker sores which are an 'upgraded' version of an ordinary mouth ulcer, they're nasty and they appear as white/yellow - just like a mouth ulcer.

But, from your description - it definately does sound like a small mouth ulcer. It should fade away in a couple of days. You can try some bonjela, and if it doesn't go away in a couple of days, see your doc, he may be able to help you further.

I highly doubt this is mouth cancer as mouth cancer is more than just one symptom and a mouth ulcer.

If you're really worried, phone NHS 24 or make an appointment with your doc. But it really wouldn't hurt if you tried the bonjela thing.

Also, try not to prod it too much!!! That will make it worse before it gets better. Try not to bite it and try not to let your toothbrush or any food scrape against it. This will ensure that the healing process is quicker.

Chrissy xx

mothermac
22-04-10, 11:12
My husband had a white spot removed from inside his mouth a few years ago and he thought it was mouth cancer at the time,he was really worried as he smokes and was in a panic for weeks beforehand,luckily it was a benign sort of growth and they said everything was fine afterwards which was great.I am sure it is nothing serious and will just be a rodent ulcer or a burn or something.If it doesn't go within a week or so or you still feel worried pop along to the dentist and I am sure he will put your mind at rest.