PDA

View Full Version : HIV

RJP
21-04-10, 21:22
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone can give my advice on this. I know this post is probably going to sound crazy and probably silly but I have an on going battle with myself that I might have contracted HIV.

To cut a long story short last year I was out with a friend when a lady fell over and hit her head. We called for an ambulance and stayed with her until it came. During that time she kept grabbing hold of my hand. When the ambulance arrived we left.

However as I was walking away I noticed that she had a smeared trail of blood on the back of her hand where she had wiped it across the cut.

I have since then been absoutly terrified that I have contracted HIV. I dont remember seeing any blood on my head where she kept grabbing me, but my thoughts will not go away.

Please does anyone have any advice.

I know this sound like I am bammey.

Thanks again.

kitn77
21-04-10, 22:07
Hi

You will probably see my worries on my post today about catching HIV from a pedicure..she nicked my foot with the clippers then I got paranoid about them not cleaning the tools properly..I went to the Drs and she said the likelihood of me cathing it in that manner is very very low...but she did the test to try to ease my mind..I'm awaiting results right now.

Did you have an open cut or sore on your hand?..if not then I the likelihood sounds low to me..also when blood is exposed to air the virus dies..it is not airborne or waterborne..so I would say you're exposure is low but if you can't get your mind at rest..go and get a blood test for HIV to make sure..that is what I had to do..health anxiety was driving me mad..

Try to calm down though..I know this is coming from someone who is worrying about the same thing..but I'm sure you will be alright. :)